cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Third Phone in Five Days is Promised.. But will it WORK ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
What happened to O2 ?? ..  10 years a customer.. being totally let down..

Long story short :

1) Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - 10 months into a contract, starting to freeze, left side of the screen has zero response to touch, I called last Friday, and things have been a disaster since..

2) Friday 6th December I spent 90 minutes + online and on the phone with FIVE x O2 staff (3 online / 2 on phone) 
Repeatedly I am asked to switch phone on/off, take battery out, soft-start etc.. and of course this does no good at all..
"Kerry" on the phone gives me the mantra "you have to return it to the shop, or send it back to us" - is this a LIE ?
Seems to be because I am told as a "sorry" I will be sent a replacement by courier next business day ** Take note folks!! .. "Anthony" in the repair shop, finally offers this, I imagine maybe that will see me return to having a working phone

3) Monday 9th December a replacement Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 arrives (it is an earlier version with more basic layout, hardware & software) - BUT more importantly next to NO signal .. later the same night it "dies" on me, it is a non-working reconditioned failure of a phone.. (spend Monday & as it turns out Tuesday with NO phone)..

4) Today, Tuesday 10th December I have to use a work-mates phone to call O2 - as "O2 network not available" in a very strong signal area -  yet I am offered on the same phone to run on ORANGE or VODAFONE !! - I know this as my friend's O2 phone works when I call.. the Repair Guys are no real help ...

5) The 2 Repair Guys at O2 get me to repeat the same pointless exercises - "take battery out, switch on/off, soft-start" - nothing!! - then "we'll send you a replacement by courier" (so it may arrive tomorrow, but will it work ??)

Meanwhile, no compensation offer, no working phone, no faith in my promised THIRD phone from O2..
on 28/12/2013 I can "upgrade" though, what does O2 think the chances are?
Disgusted by this treatment as a long time customer.. O2 what happened to you ??
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Sim cards are free - Just pick one up in store and ask them to do a sim swap.
PS. EE charge £10 for sim cards so bear that in mind when moving networks wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 41 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

So again, I have to visit the O2 shop, and deal with the uninterested pony-tailed salesgit... the slowest worst retail experience anyone will have in store... again.. oh joy..

More of my time chasing after a phone from O2 that might actually work beyond a few months, in the contract from Hell... the latest in a string (5 phones I reckon) of handsets that have packed in, or weren't working in the first place ("refurbished" yeah right!!) ... 

What a company... "trying"... yes very "trying"...

Message 42 of 45

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So again, I have to visit the O2 shop, and deal with the uninterested pony-tailed salesgit... the slowest worst retail experience anyone will have in store... again.. oh joy..

Not impressed then ? LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 43 of 45

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 44 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you watch "Big Bang Theory", think of Stuart the comic store guy with a ponytail, 5-6 stones heavier, with the personality of a very riled Basil Fawlty, and a face decorated with a collection of moles greater in number than those residing all over the UK countryside... maybe he has a wonderful singing voice?

.. but will that make up for the O2 "contract from Hell" experience... I have my doubts 

Message 45 of 45