cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than two-thirds of O2 customers are satisfied with O2s service and would recommend O2 to others

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Perusal of this Community suggests that most O2 users feel that the product - the service - that they are paying for is mediocre.

However, the Which? magazine annual survey of mobile 'phone users paints a different picture :-

Smarty Named Best UK Mobile Operator in Which? 2024 Survey - ISPreview UK

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/04/smarty-named-best-uk-mobile-operator-in-which-2024-sur...

In particular :-

1. more than two-thirds of O2 customers are satisfied with O2s service and would recommend O2 to others. 

2. O2's customers are considerably more satisfied than those of Three UK. 

3. O2, Vodaphone and EE rank almost equally in the satisfaction league table.  

Of course, a survey of 3,739 customers is very small, but given Which? magazine has put its name to it, the result does have to command some respect.    

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

That damned Community pop-up survey pops up so often, people fill in anything 🤷🤬

PS. I doubt Which use any survey run by the company being surveyed...

And when I look in my MyO2 (via web), I note these - not sure how they got there or what they relate to, but...

1000018147.png

Message 2 of 11

Oxonian
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

That damned Community pop-up survey pops up so often, people fill in anything 🤷🤬

PS. I doubt Which use any survey run by the company being surveyed...

My experience @pgn is that Which? send surveys to their members or paying subscribers - which I think is why these statistics are such a small sample. 

Nevertheless, it does suggest that O2 are not quite as dire as some posters on here would have you believe. And maybe more importantly, it strongly implies that if you leave O2, you won't get anything better from another MNO. 👍 

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93331 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

Nevertheless, it does suggest that O2 are not quite as dire as some posters on here would have you believe. And maybe more importantly, it strongly implies that if you leave O2, you won't get anything better from another MNO. 👍 

I'm definitely thinking that's being overly kind to O2 and too dismissive of two of the remaining three main networks. In fact if the planned merger does happen to get approval then O2 will be bottom of the heap unless they make some major investments

Poorly managed 360 system, dodgy top ups, criminal delays in fraud investigations and equally criminal  threats of bailiffs.

Not to mention their inabilities to fix My O2 or selling Apple watches that their advisers cannot assist in connecting to the network.

Add to that their shambles of most promotions and their pathetic ventures into banking, money apps, driving insurance etc and pulling the plug on the only app that helped customers. This was TuGo which allowed customers to make calls and texts over wifi years before they made a big deal out of launching wifi calling so they thought ok, let's withdraw the app that millions could and did benefit from

I could go on and write a book about their failures over the years...

...and yet I still stick with this shower 😮

Message 4 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

...and yet I still stick with this shower 😮

Says it all @jonsie - they are the only carrier locally that can squirt their signal into the topographical gap in which we live, surrounded as we are by hills on three sides here... so we stay, the devil you know and all that jazz 🙄

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

My personal perception @jonsie is that if things run smoothly for you and you do not need to interact with O2, then you will probably be OK. I have one acquaintance who has been with O2 for many years but never looks at MyO2, sees his £15 per month leave his bank each month, gets his 'phones from elsewhere and just moans to me if he goes somewhere with an indifferent signal. His last major interaction with O2 was a SIM-swap in a retail store, and that was fine. 

If you hit problems, then that seems to be when things can spiral out of control in the ways that you have described. In a sample of 3,739 customers, there might have been say 1,000 O2 subscribers. Of that number, it is feasible that only a handful might have been exposed to the horror-situations that you allude to. 

I agree completely that major network improvements are needed. I also believe that a real upskilling of Customer Service staff could be self-financing if it leads to problems being resolved by the first advisor that the customer engages with. 👍        

Message 6 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7133 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

Compared with most here I am a nubie having taken out a SIM only deal via USwitch as it was cheaper than paying to go up a speed level on Virgin.

Since I got involved with the community and found Community Awards, well you can guess.

I've not dealt with CS as I've been able to do things through my O2, including changing to eSIM.

However I don't think I would stay if I was more of a 'normal' customer.The network in many places is adequate for general day to day use, but 5G coverage and speed are not a patch on my other EE based SIM. Too many places round me still on 800Mhz with 10Mb bandwidth.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 11

japitts
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 134 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

Depends what your criteria are. Different criteria will achieve different outcomes.

There's certainly a large proportion of UK mobile users who remain with familiar brands, oblivious to better service being available elsewhere. You can prove anything you like, with a selected user-base and loaded questions.

Amusing to see the popular mis-spelling of VF pervading.

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

You can prove anything you like, with a selected user-base and loaded questions.

There's lies, damned lies and statistics @japitts ! 🤣

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it was also a tiny sample of the mobile 'phone users in the UK. 👍

Message 9 of 11

PaulRedPAYG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would suggest that those who were asked have never had to endure / suffer the customer support teams on 202 and 4445 😂 

Message 10 of 11