Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Forum Issues?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I have been away for the weekend and I did have my phone and tablet with me. Access to the forum was slow and full of issues. Back home now and using PC and these problems still remain ...

* Taking ages to accept my login details

* Moving from tab to tab painfully slow

* Timing out before you are able to post

* Worse than that....typing a reply to someone with loads of relevant links..and connection times out again!

(Not even sure this will post if honest)

* Posting pictures is problematic

*I just attempted to post a reply to a new topic. pressed 'post' and I was directed to login again slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,812
1,811 REPLIES 1,811

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@TobyI know it's only been 3 days since you updated about the Unread Thread issue....but it has been ongoing for about 11 days now.

Sorry to nag but I am finding this a real pain if honest. For me personally... trying to reply to something via mobile is impossible. I am taken to the last post posted and not all the other new posts. If I attempt to reply I feel a real berk when I find this has been said 10 posts back.

On PC it's time consuming having to scroll back to check what has been said before posting.

Frustrating and annoying. Particularly if I have been offline for a few hours and come back trying to play catch up. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1731 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just to add..I am not speedy when posting. That's not your fault at all...but expressing my annoyance at the additional time it now takes me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1732 of 1,812

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Anything to speed Cleo up would be great please tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1733 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Anything to speed Cleo up would be great please tongue

If only I was as fast fingered as you dearest.....LOL

Never gonna happen.

Seriously though, this issue is damn annoying Rich you must agree?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1734 of 1,812

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Most certainly is - not sure why it's taking so long to fix either tbh......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 1735 of 1,812

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff, I appreciate that its annoying. As its a bug on the platform, the development team need to fix it as opposed to just resetting the community if that makes sense. This can take time. Rest assured, I want it fixed as much as you and will be chasing it up regularly :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1736 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Toby@MercedesS@Martin-O2Could you please check the edit function. Something went badly wrong tonight. I posted on 20.22 ...made a typing error. Went back to edit at  21.02. Edit function gone. At the very least we are allowed 90 minutes officially. Often more over the weekend...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1737 of 1,812

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It should be removed completely!

Currently using:
Message 1738 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It should be removed completely!

We have had this 'fight' before...no it shouldn't. I dont abuse it but often make typo's with my cronky fingers which I don't actually notice till I post.(No patronising comments about spellcheck either. I can spell just hit the wrong key!)

If it was removed completely that would stop people going back and editing personal details out of their post....

Also stop us editing to say 'deleted by me' when you eventually post and find at least 5 fast fingered folk have got in before you....!!! (no names...no blumming pack drill!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1739 of 1,812

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If the forum filters worked properly there would be no need to edit numbers or personal details and it would stop people from editing their rushed posts with better info later and getting solutions given - and yes, that does happen.
If something needs to be edited or deleted, it can be reported to the mods to be done.

Currently using:
Message 1740 of 1,812