Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile view issue.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MercedesS any chance this alignment issue can be fixed please as it makes finding threads impossible on mobile view.

Screenshot_20170807-172721.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I guess it's just a case of what you get used to.

Or is it a case of O2 not appreciating that their customers use a variety of devices to access their Community website and their main O2 website.

One size just does not fit all.....personally, on a laptop I have no problems whatsoever but I can appreciate the annoyance that some experience.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 21 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:
I guess it's just a case of what you get used to.

Or is it a case of O2 not appreciating that their customers use a variety of devices to access their Community website and their main O2 website.

One size just does not fit all.....personally, on a laptop I have no problems whatsoever but I can appreciate the annoyance that some experience.

Absolutely true. I was using computers then laptops long before I ever got my first smartphone. I like to have multiple tabs open including all my links stored in One Note. I can't get used to anything with ease, unless I can use a keyboard and mouse. I like learning new stuff but will always revert back to the 'devil I know'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well something has finally been sorted. You may remember that a while back I had a problem seeing kudos I'd given. Well amazingly tonight I can see the kudos I've just given. It's taken long enough, mind you, but better late than never.

Oh and you are absolutely right @Beenherebefore, O2 don't realise we all don't use a computer to access the Community or O2's main website. Know your customers is something O2 could do well to learn.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
 O2 don't realise we all don't use a computer to access the Community or O2's main website.

I'm not so sure about that @Glory1 I tend to think O2 are under the impression that most of their customers access the forum via mobile phones. I put this down to age. With the exception of your good self, I have never known anyone of my/our age being comfortable using a mobile to do 'clever stuff' on the forum...A tablet maybe but not a mobile phone. If it hasn't got a mouse and a keyboard it's no good to me at all...Grumpy

I will stand back now and wait for all the 'young guns' to jump in and say they always use a laptop....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Cleoriff I'm a bit odd - an oldie who loves technology. I spent many years using a computer but I still like playing with new tech to see what it can do. So I taught myself how to use a mobile, then a smartphone. I'm one of those 'let's press this button and see what happens' type of people. Occasionally it goes wrong but mostly I learn something new.

As I say I'm odd and I agree not everyone our age is comfortable with mobiles never mind smartphones. Many aren't comfortable with computers for that matter.

Oh and thank you for the compliment 😊 and I now look forward to all the 'young guns' responses to your challenge 😉

Message 25 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1I'm an oldie who loves technology as well...unless it's mobile phones.

I just think it's easy to opt out when I have no need to use them to their full extent. I am fine on PC's and Tablets.....and I am an absolute whiz at setting up technical ITU equipment LOL

PS..not a 'young gun' to be seen...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 30

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1I'm an oldie who loves technology as well...unless it's mobile phones.

I just think it's easy to opt out when I have no need to use them to their full extent. I am fine on PC's and Tablets.....and I am an absolute whiz at setting up technical ITU equipment LOL

PS..not a 'young gun' to be seen...Smiley Very Happy

Well they do say @Cleoriff silence is golden LOL

Message 27 of 30

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well you know I'm not young but mostly self taught using a smartphone and there is nothing much that I can't do on the mobile that I can do on the laptop.

Perhaps it's a lot slower for me and my podgy fingers and I still haven't learned how to work out a usable clipping tool but this is the whole point of the community. Every day literally IS a school day and we learn from each other. 

Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well you know I'm not young but mostly self taught using a smartphone and there is nothing much that I can't do on the mobile that I can do on the laptop.

Perhaps it's a lot slower for me and my podgy fingers and I still haven't learned how to work out a usable clipping tool but this is the whole point of the community. Every day literally IS a school day and we learn from each other. 

No..in my eyes and compared to me, you are the first 'young gun' to rock up Steve...:smileytongue:

Seriously though... it's all to do with what we are most comfortable with and suits our individual needs. As you say every day is a school day.....and thank god for that..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks for participating in the discussion and sharing your thoughts with us heart 

We've created a list of all your ideas and suggestions. Please keep your feedback coming. Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 30 of 30