cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold an Aerial Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just want to add my experience to the long list of people scammed by O2/Aerial Communications

Due to a phone call from Aerial (although I actually believed it was O2) I managed to allow myself to be scammed into signing up for a 24 month business contract that I cannot get out of.

It was 3 months before my contract with o2 was due for renewal.

The only reason I even found out I wasn't with O2 anymore was when I tried finding out if I was due for an upgrade. To my horror I was not.

This means I am stuck with a really crappy nokia windows phone that I can't stand for at least another year.

Unless of course I go and buy one myself, which is a little annoying considering I thought I could get an upgrade which is the only reason I found out I'd been scammed.

Why O2 gave them my number so they could cold call me I really don't know, but I feel really aggrieved about it.

So before anyone else makes the same mistake be very careful when dealing with cold callers that look and act like O2 but are in fact Aerial. They might offer you a better rate, but in fact they're offering you roughly the same rate but without any chance of a phone upgrade for 2 years and O2 are completely in on it as they still get a cut. 

Needless to say the moment this contract expires next year I will be leaving Aerial and O2 never to return.

Pete

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Same old story and unfortunate for yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Pete,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Feel free to send me a private message and we can look into this for you.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A couple of people just recently who have been signed up by Aerial also found that the 'good rate' they signed up to...actually increased after a few months.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peter,

I've been getting constant phone calls from someone called Jacqualine from Aeriel Direct who introduce themselves as O2 official partners who are listed on their website.  They offer the same deal that you are on but keeping your existing phone but reducing the cost to £23 per month on a 24 month contract.  It all sounds very plausible.  Luckily, I'm always a bit nervous of signing up to telesales calls and I googled them and immediately loads of bad reviews came up.  

I'm really surprised that O2 are allowing this company to pull this scam marketing in their name.

It might be worth contacting the Trading Standards and reporting them.

Good Luck

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whatever you do, DO NOT agree to anything from this company.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No @Anonymous If they have their way they will tie you up to a business contract for 2 years.....We do NOT have any good reports about this company. Our Community Manager @Toby is currently looking at them and feeding info back to the team

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If more people report  them all the better but @Toby please feed back and get this trusted partner removed. They bring nothing but shame on o2.

Message 8 of 8