cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOGGING NETWORK FAULTS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Smiley Mad DID YOU KNOW AFTER GOING THROUGH THE USUAL TESTS WITH A CALL CENTER, THEY THEN HAVE TO PUT YOU TO A NETWORK CENTER, WHO ASK THE SAME STUFF.
ONCE YOU ADVISE A FAULT THE CUSTOMER DESK WONT LOG A FAULT ON YOUR BEHALF, EVEN AFTER THEY PROVE ITS THERE NETWORK FAULT. WELL AS YOU DO YOU GO HIGHER ONLY TO FIND THAT THE MANAGERS ARE TO BUSY TO SPEAK TO A PAYING CUSTOMER.bUT YOU CAN HAVE A CALL BACK WITH IN 24 HOURS. A FAULT IS NOW NOT IN 24 HOURS, ANY ONE ELSE COME ACROSS SHY MANAGERS.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't work for O2, but if they are like other organisations the majority of faults presented to them are not actually network faults. (But are because of other things from user error to handset issues)
So they need someone to work out which are genuine. That is why they have fault finding procedures. I know to us customers these procedures can seem strange, but that's because we don't necessarily have the technical knowledge about the network to fully understand them. We might be experts with handsets, but how many of use know the ins and outs of the network.
I know its frustrating but you need to be patient, I've found if you tell them of any expense you've had they are happy to contribute towards it.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok the poimt i was makingis, that the managers would not talk to paying customers after 3 requests...
i know all about networks clouds and vass as i was a network geek. if i request a manager i should get one, not fobbed off.
i like bt and 02 but there customer care is always good after the event or complaint, cheers
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually these networks are not the same as the one your thinking of wink
This is normally a radio/transmission network, not that many fluffy clouds fortunately :robotwink:
Basically your customer representitive will raise a case, they should then also search to see if there are any other cases in that area.
These cases will be passed on to a group that deals with geographical area's and they will investigate and task an engineer out if one has not already been tasked out.

The hardest part about these types of networks is that there may be a fault but no alarm is present so its not picked up on and relies on the customer to raise an issue, not all failing components will alarm until they have failed 100% 😞
Tony slight_smile
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was a network fault and yes its proactively monitored, the analyse would not raise a fault, i had to stay on hold to speak to network who are not customer facing, no joy so up the ladder but no manager would talk to me, that was the issue, not was or is or will be a fault..
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately a manager isn't always free to come to the phone. You need to remember that they aren't looking after a bunch of school kids so if several managers are in a meeting or similar you may have one watching over several teams of approx. 10 advisors.
Also, managers are employed for managing people. Generally in a call centre if a customer wants to speak to a manager the advisor will explain what's happened, what they've tried to do to solve it and if there's anything else that can be done. So the manager goes on the phone and repeats the same information. Unfortunately most customers think that if they ask for a manager then they'll end up getting what they want.
In this case it seems that the OP went through trouble shooting with customer services, was then transferred to service operations who double checked everything and raised a case. Nothing wrong with ensuring everything is double checked - dispatching an engineering team to investigate a fault costs a lot of money.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was a network fault and yes its proactively monitored,
This type of network isnt an IT based system, its a Telecommunications system, damn I could rattle off 5 times the ammount of protocols used in Telecoms systems that would baffle you wink
These systems are monitored, but not by customer services, and faults are reactively dealt with when they arise, but not all faults are noticable on this type of network (dont even think IT based network, its completely different and considerably larger and more complex).
the analyse would not raise a fault, i had to stay on hold to speak to network who are not customer facing

Hmm, you probably spoke with someone whom dispatches engineers out to the faults, as said, they will double check and find what cell(s) are in your area and take as much information off you as possible.
no joy so up the ladder but no manager would talk to me, that was the issue, not was or is or will be a fault..

Also as said, the customer services people are more than capable of doing their job, the managers are not readily available for everyone or anyone to speak to, they dont have to know the job (though in technical trades its advisable wink ) but this isnt technical, they just manage people.
Now did you get any reference for said fault from customer services?
Tony slight_smile
Message 7 of 7