cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

... have a flat screen tv, with Sky, on a ceiling

I ask because my living room tv is a 2nd hand colour portable set ... & ... considering how little time I spend in the best room in the house ... & ... how little time I actually watch tv there ... well I'd relax & watch more of what I want on tv 'whilst in me pit' wink

I don't want to find a tv man or contact Sky just yet 'cos they'd brow-beat me so-to-speak

In addition, as said elsewhere on this forum, I'm after a tablet, because it also would improve my quality of life, like what I've said above, & get me outside my home ... I could go to cpw but I don't want to have them brow-beat me either

Money is a concern ... I don't particularly want something cheap & nasty, just something I can take out, using earphones, whilst eg enjoying a drink outside my home ... any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not everyone has people be it family or friends they can call upon to do jobs, & personally I don't like to use people, I'm not that kind of person,

so much for trying slight_frown

If you are of the "qualifying age" try your local council's handyperson scheme, they may be able to recommend somebody or even do the job for you.

Or try contacting Care and Repair, they operate in most areas of England >>>> http://careandrepair-england.org.uk/

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124259 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Good call @Beenherebefore slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions
just to pick at this, did you mean you asked them to move both the TV and the Sky box, or just the sky box?
Surely if you want them to move their box then it shouldn't be an issue?
I can see why they might baulk at moving the TV as well (it was working before you moved it, etc, etc) but their own equipment should not be an issue?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 26

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Sorry to say, @Anonymous, but Sky are not responsible for, nor do they have any obligation to move or place your TV anywhere. They only provide the means for you to receive a signal to be able to watch TV. That's as far as it goes. 

Regarding where you want the TV placed, you need to think this through more clearly. If you have your TV put on a ceiling, you would only ever be able to watch when you were lying down. You might tire of that, but you would be stuck with it like that forever. In my opinion, I don't think it's a great idea.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 26

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Surely ceiling mounted is only a few inches (if that) higher than a wall mounted one.
Message 15 of 26

Bambino
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

We don't know the layout of the room, nor do we know where it would be placed, or the work that would be needed to make sure it was fitted securely. It wouldn't be a small job, and would probably cost a considerable amount to do. As @Anonymous has said that money is a consideration, I think she needs to consider another alternative.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124259 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Each to their own and all that but I couldnt think of a worse position to put a TV...I know it's down to lifestyle and what suits you personally....I just can't imagine me saying 'off to have a lie down on the bed while I watch Formula 1/Supervet" ...etc etc Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
The screen isn't secured flat to the ceiling !!!

There are brackets that allow the screen to be fixed perpendicular to the ceiling so in effect no different than having the screen on the wall
Message 18 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124259 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
The screen isn't secured flat to the ceiling !!!

There are brackets that allow the screen to be fixed perpendicular to the ceiling so in effect no different than having the screen on the wall

Not what Jane asked though. She said " Is it possible to have a flat screen TV with Sky on a ceiling". As I know it is possible to have one on a WALL near the ceiling I was actually responding to the OP?!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 26

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
You wrongly assume that I was responding to you.
Message 20 of 26