cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is O2 customer services always this bad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last Saturday we purchased an iphone 3gs on a pay monthly contract via o2's telephone ordering system. I was informed that the phone would arrive Monday (yesterday). I chased o2 yesterday afternoon and was told that the phone had gone out of stock, but has come back in, and that o2 would make sure the phone got sent out that evening. The lady I spoke to said she would phone me back yesterday to confirm that this had happened. She didnt phone back.
This morning I phoned o2 again, I got someone in India this time, I tried and tried, but simply couldnt understand him so gave up and rang back, this time I got another lady who I asked if I could be put through to a manager as I was losing faith. She said ok, and put me through to their sales dept! Who obviously couldn't help. I then phoned again and went through to their department that deals with ending contracts, the lady seemed helpful and said I needed to speak to someone in their new business department and that she would transfer me. I asked for her reassurance that she would get me that department and not sales again. She promised. She put me on hold whilst she put me through. You got it, she had put me through to sales again. By now I was almost pulling my hair out. I tried again and got through to customer disconnection. The guy I spoke to seemed very helpful and full of concern and said that he would investigate what has been going on. He took my landline number and said he would phone me right back. This was 4 hours ago.
All I want to know is when to expect delivery of my phone!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard from many people to stay away from O2 and safe your life. Turns out it is true.

They have been threatening me like an animal. They charged me twice for a monthly contract. They sent me a new sim with an upgrade phone and then started to charge me for both sims separately. The customer support guy literally laughed at me and told me that this the way it works. It’s been a shock for me and it is getting worse and worse.

Is there a way to cancel my contract? I don’t want to pay any money that they want to charge me for full contract length.

I am thinking to go to Lloyds and cancel my direct debit and report O2 as a fraud as my card details also have been stolen and I suspect this is somebody from O2.

Message 11 of 15

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

If you cancel your direct debit, all you'll wind up with is a marker on your credit rating, and you'll have difficulty getting credit for anything, including another phone contract.

If you think your account and credit card have been used fraudulently, you should report this to your bank, and also go through the correct complaint procedure with O2: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93943 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
It's difficult to comment without knowing the full story but you're presumably outside the returns period?
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

To make a complain to O2 about O2. I dont know :). Do they care.

Message 14 of 15

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23954 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

If you have a complaint against O2 you have to go through the proper procedure, and the first thing you need to do is to make your complaint to O2. If they think your complaint is genuine, they have the right to respond to your complaint, and to try to rectify what you feel is wrong. If you feel that O2's response is not to your satisfaction, you can then take it further.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 15