cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being ignored and never receiving call backs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've resorted to joining this forum in the hope that someone from o2 is able to help OR one of the members is able to advise me.

Apologies in advance for the long post but there's no shorter way to sum things up:

In mid-September my Sony Ericsson C905 broke; the speaker you hold to your ear failed so I could only hear calls on speaker phone, I therefore called customer services. They advised me that a new phone would be sent to me within 5 days, nothing arrived. Over a week later I called back to question where the new phone was and I was told that they were out of stock. However nobody had told me this until I asked, so I had been waiting.
They advised me to return the phone for a repair; so I went to the trouble of packing up the phone, going to the post office and paying for recorded delivery postage.
Two weeks passed before I received my ‘repaired’ phone, when I unpacked it I noticed there was a piece missing from the back (a trim piece that covers two screws)
I then called up customer services again to discuss the problem and lodge a formal complaint. No matter who I spoke to, I was told that not even a manager would be able to deal with me, the best I was offered was a choice of two second hand phones but could not guarantee if they would be in stock once I had decided (I wanted to look up some information about the phones before I picked one)
I was told to use the ‘contact us’ section of O2 to lodge a formal complaint and also told that a manager would call me back to discuss things. Again I received no such call and my written complaint was ignored.

During all this time I’ve had to resort to using my old and frankly dilapidated mobile. This does not have half the features of my C905 which I use frequently for work. Every time I’ve tried to call O2 to discuss the problem I am passed from pillar to post and eventually get nowhere.

Any help MUCH appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
o2 do not post or read here.

But email

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

with all your details and what you say above you should get an auto response and then a reply.

Put mobile number and account no if you have one.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam

Thanks for that e-mail, I've sent one so we'll see what I get back.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well after an auto response saying someone will get back to me AND a text saying the same thing...I've received nothing.
Good going O2 😐
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are being a bit keen, they've had less than a week( Four days). I would expect a complaint like this to take longer to investigate.

If you feel that you are getting nowhere then you can contact OTELO.(Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman) www.otelo.org.uk

Otelo
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

However, they will not investigate if its been less than 8 weeks since you complained. But will advise you.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've still have no reply then I suggest you email the Customer Services Director (Cheryl Black). I can provide you the email address if you contact me (I worked for O2 up until May this year) and hopefully you can get a reply.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I realise that this is an old threat.  I am not sure how to contact you, but I would like to be able to email Cheryl Black at o2, if you have her address.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
As this thread is 4 years old and stammer had visited the forum for almost 18 months is unlikely that they will reply to you. I'm not even site that Cheryl Black is still in that particular job tbh.

Is it something we can help you with here on the forum? If not you will have to contact customer service in the normal way I'm afraid.
Message 8 of 8