cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone-O2 store-Anovo UK Repairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
To anyone who may be able to offer some advice or guidance about my current situation.
Approximately three weeks ago my 11 month old iphone 3G developed a error where the screen turned white and the only ways to reset the iphone for use were a manual reset by holding both the home and on/off button for approx 30-40 seconds, or to reset it using itunes. My first thoughts regarding this were to take it in to my local (14 miles) O2 store where I purchased it. I was told by the helpful sales assistant they would send it off for investigation, I agreed to this process and went through the details with the assistant who was quick to point out and note my handset had a couple of scratches on the back, although she failed to spell my surname correctly. This was on the 4/12/09, now skip forward to last Friday 11/12/09 I contacted this store about my iphone, to be told in no uncertain terms that the problem was due to water damage and I could pay £139 to have my iphone repaired or get it back and claim on my insurance. I don’t like being called a liar but my phone hasn’t been near any water, it’s a phone..... I tried to discuss this with the assistant but was told that what the repairs company have said end on story. I decided to get the iphone back and go through the insurance, so asked for my iphone to be returned. Today the 16/12/09 I finally received a phone call (16.30) at home saying my iphone had been returned to store and I could pick it up. I had been told by my insurance company that there should be a report stating the damage/problem. On picking up my iphone I asked for the report to be told by the male assistant he knew of no such thing. Deciding to contact my insurance about if they can check the iphone for water damage, I took the iphone home, on opening the box I discovered what appears to be damage to my iphone which wasn’t there before it was send away (There is a large crack to the right of the power button). Now the insurance taken with O2 have told me they need a copy of the report before they will act on a claim, now I don’t want to return to what appears to be a store who have no interest in customer care, I will phone them in the morning and post my findings.
To top it all off I am an O2 customer who is paying £45 a month for a phone that doesn’t work and is now and damaged, oh and I forgot to mention that my wife is eight and half months pregnant, so a mobile phone is one thing I need at the moment. I have purchased a PAG mobile from another provider so I am covered but that isn’t the point. I work in medical science and if we treated patients like this they would die.
I have seen on various forum’s information about other people having similar problems far worse than mine, and think people should be aware of these problems. If anyone from O2 wants to investigate I have all receipts and photos of the damage etc.

JamesC27
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
You are not the first to mention this the general advice is not to send the iPhone to o2's repair company but to use apple genius or advance replacement service and to check the water sensors yourself before sending away.

Have a look in the iPhone technical thread on here.

I know this advice has come to late for you.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then why do O2 continue to offer this service or lack of.
Message 3 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I think they have to offer the service as they sell the phones.

This is a similar post from the iphone tech forum viewtopic.php?t=32313

If you are certain that the water damage was not done by you I would contest it but it will be there word against yours.

Water sensor info here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3302

I would take this up with o2 customer service on the phone as well as the store if they have also caused additional damage.

Then progress through to the complaint review service of o2
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The water sensor is not pink in the headphone jack so I'm guessing not water damage, am I right in thinking because its been looked at by O2 repair's Apple won't touch it?

Thanks for your help
Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Do not forget there are 2 sensors second on dock connector.

If you ring apple or have a store near you book a genius and take the report when you get it to them explain the issue you had originaly and the outcome of o2 repair.

I was looking for this link earlier has all info on complaints etc page 12 http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/ ... actice.pdf
Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been in a similar situation in the past, with O2 claiming water damage on a phone that had been nowhere near water. The phone also had water damage indicators that were all white.

Solution:

Letter by recorded delivery to the O2 Company Secretary at Head Office, threatening Small Claims Court action under the Sale of Goods Act to recover the cost of a new sim-free handset, on the basis that the company has sold goods that are of inferior quality, and has refused to repair them, enclosing evidence to demonstrate that the phone is not water damaged (photos of the water damage indicators, etc). State in the letter a strong preference to avoid Small Claims action and state that you would be happy to accept a repair or replacement of your existing phone as an alternative.

I received a phone call from Customer Services in 2 weeks and a new phone the following day.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have recently sent my iphone off for repair, having woken on morning to find the screen white with black verticle lines, i took it into the store i got it from and it was despatched for repair.

I recieved a text telling me my phone had been repaired and sent back to me, via royal mail, however that was over a week ago, so i contacted the store in the hope of gettig a tracking number so that i can find my phone. They responding by daying that it was just sent standard delivery, no tracking, this is concerning as a new phone is in excess of 350 pounds.

It is also surprising that the shop shows such a lack of concern for their customers. I am trying to get hold of the repair centre so i can use the phone I am paying 45 pounds a month for. At what stage can i demand a replacement

Gadge
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you need to make allowances for the severe disruption to the postal network over the last week or so. As for the tracking, I believe they use the same system that Amazon does, although its not externally trackable it is traceable should it go missing.

I would contact your local sorting office to enquire about deliveries in your area. In many areas customers are able to collect packages from the office. In some areas any that are unable to fit through letter boxes are being held back.
Message 9 of 9