Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Favourites bombshell

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Outrageous news regarding o2 stopping the International Favourites add on.
Currently we pay £10 per month to call 3 overseas numbers and it allows 3000 minutes. It is an excellent deal. I never use all those minutes but use it every day to call my mom.
Now they are discounting this service and we revert to paying 5p/minute. If you used 3000 minutes at that rate out would cost you£150!!
This is enough to make me considering leaving o2. How can they treat their customers like this???
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 29

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm just totally disgusted with this company! 

Sorry not you guys.... 

Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we even call this a communications company anymore 

Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can live with the loss of the cheap rates, their new bolt on tariff looks like it will only mean a slight increase in my bill. My real problem is that I my US "call me" number is widely shared with my customers over there, and there doesn't seem to be any way to keep the number. That means from the end of November it will just stop working which is a nightmare!

Message 14 of 29

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can we even call this a communications company anymore 

Of course, we can make calls and send texts and.... mnnn 🤔

Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree 100% with comments. By dumping International Favourites O2 has increased potential monthly cost by over 600%. Very disappointed. 

Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtuk wrote:
Currently we pay £10 per month to call 3 overseas numbers and it allows 3000 minutes. It is an excellent deal. I never use all those minutes but use it every day to call my mom.
Now they are discounting this service and we revert to paying 5p/minute. If you used 3000 minutes at that rate out would cost you£150!!
This is enough to make me considering leaving o2. How can they treat their customers like this???

I was thinking the same. And I bet the new International Calling (or whatever it's called) Bolt-On won't be free. We'll have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of not being charged £1.50/min for an international call. Pure profiteering.

International Favourites was the unique selling point that was keeping me with O2. Otherwise, many providers do unlimited calls/texts and lots of data for £20 a month. I'll be shopping around.

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another O2 member that will be looking elsewhere when my contract finishes. I loved Tugo and used it loads both at home where the mobile signal is poor and overseas. Fore me there are much better deals elsewhere.

Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find the call me number very useful, I will not stay with o2 because of this luckily I have a 30D contract and the data allowance is not worth worrying about, I have been with o2 for years. I suppose somewhere along the line the service has been abused, maybe

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called customer support and 'apparently' there will be a new service replacing International Favourites. 

However, there is no information available at the moment but in two weeks time, there will be. 

Personally, I am very sad about the termination of this service. This was - as for many others - the only reason to stay with O2. Unless the new service will deliver a similar (or better) offering I will be shopping around.

The 'Call me' number was such a great service for my parents to get in touch with me, without paying through the nose every time they picked up the phone. 

Time will tell if O2 made an error or not....

Message 20 of 29