cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I keep receiving incoming calls from a +102036300502 - number  which I do not recognize and wish to stop it. I try ringing back but it cuts off when connected, any suggestions as to who it is or how to stop it? any help would be appreciated thank you

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23960 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Best thing to do is try to ignore it. It's probably very annoying, but if you just don't acknowledge it, they will probably stop. Don't ever answer the call. These kinds of numbers sometimes have a way of charging you if you do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It looks like an international (USA) number to me so I doubt you can do anything.

You've probably won a holiday in Florida in a competition you never entered. slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
  • 23960 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Best thing to do is try to ignore it. It's probably very annoying, but if you just don't acknowledge it, they will probably stop. Don't ever answer the call. These kinds of numbers sometimes have a way of charging you if you do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93958 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Good advice, never answer these calls.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 149227 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions
I don't think it is from the USA. If you break it down it would be 001 020 3630 0502 which is one too many digits.... Its more likely to be UK based 02036 30 0502 http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02036300502
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
  • 23960 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

You can use +1 as a USA code, but no US area code numbers start with a zero, so you're correct in that respect, MI5.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149227 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions
and they are only 10 digits wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 9

Bambino
  • 23960 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

Actually, they're 11. You have to put a 1 in front of every area code. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

harryw wrote: "I try ringing back"

DO NOT ring back.  Any number that starts with '+' or '00' is an international number and potentially outside the jurisdiction of where you are calling from regarding call charges.  +1 is USA and consumer protection there is next to nil.  You may have been charged an astronomical 'connection fee' just to hear the call be cut off at the other end.  You NEED to contact your telephony carrier ASAP, before they pay the scammers then bill you (you have less than a month to do this, and because the scammers are USA-based it's more likely that your provider won't have questioned the transaction; though there is legal recourse later it's a pain).

Message 9 of 9