Anonymous
Not applicable
huray handset prices pretty much the same as orange

">http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html]
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
so whats the deal with the 30d simplicity tariff - seems you can pay £50 a month contract and then only £29 for the handset - as its a 30day contract you can cancell after 30days right? Can someone explain...?
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
so whats the deal with the 30d simplicity tariff - seems you can pay £50 a month contract and then only £29 for the handset - as its a 30day contract you can cancell after 30days right? Can someone explain...?

The top of the page with the tariffs tells you you must pay the full PAYG handset price if you want a simplicity tariff.

As a new or upgrading customer, you can get iPhone 4 on an 18 or 24 month tariff. Or, you can choose to pay the full Pay & Go price for an iPhone 4 and choose a Pay Monthly simplicity for iPhone tariff.
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
:robotsurprised: thanks for clearing that up grin
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst trying to simplify things, they seem to have gone backwards.

I prefer the current pricing model.
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
angie4m u state that

"The top of the page with the tariffs tells you you must pay the full PAYG handset price if you want a simplicity tariff."

why hasn't O2 not released the price of PAYG handset .....I hope its the same as what orange are offering....although its only £30 difference with apple
Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay. If I am reading the new tariff information correctly and feel free to correct me If I am wrong, this means that when my 18 month contract ends in August then I can pay £119 for a new Iphone 4 handset, and then continue to pay £35 per month for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and wifi and 500mb of data per month If I take up a new 24 month contract. I think it is a little complicated but hopefully I have read this correctly. Thoughts anyone???
ETA - I already have an Iphone 3G so I will have completed my first Iphone contract and will be looking to upgrade.
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
just registered to post this

Do you realise that on the £30 or £35 a month contract thats 300 minutes and unlimited texts you end up paying £539 for the iphone 4 16gb.

Its cheaper to get a simplicity £15 a month contract 300 minutes and unlimited texts and buy the phone from apple.

I had been holding off as due an upgrade and wanted to see what affect it had on 3gs prices. Apparently it increaes the price of the 3gs on the upgrade I was looking at and changes it to the 8gb instead of 16gb. O2 cock up me thinks.
Message 17 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst this doesn't look too bad for new customers, I'm disappointed that existing o2 iPhone customers have to pay off their remaining contracts and a minimum of £29 for the handset on a £45 per month tariff. I think they could have sweetened the deal somehow.
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst this doesn't look too bad for new customers, I'm disappointed that existing o2 iPhone customers have to pay off their remaining contracts and a minimum of £29 for the handset on a £45 per month tariff. I think they could have sweetened the deal somehow.

I agree, I am disappointed that they will charge me £29, should I choose to upgrade. Whilst the iPhone junkies are desperate for their fix, the prices will remain a little silly.
Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why should they? You quite happily signed up for your existing contract. The contract is legally binding and it's YOU who wants to break it and upgrade early so you can get your hands on the iPhone 4...? I think O2 have been very fair with their early upgrade offer.

If people actually had the patience to wait for things, then there wouldn't be this issue anyway would there! Can't believe the amount of people who think they're being treated unfairly by O2, just because they're expected to pay off their existing contract (at a reduced rate, I might add)... Read your terms and conditions, it quite clearly states that if you want to end the contract early then you have to pay the monthly amount for any period of time you have outstanding on it. It's in black and white.

O2 aren't forcing you to take the early upgrade deal and they're well within their rights to tell customers to bugger off and wait until their contract comes to an end, or pay the FULL amount outstanding in order to be able to come out of it early. Am I missing something?
Message 20 of 32