Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 Range

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I became a true Huawei convert last year when I tried out the P9 Plus, fell in love with it, and promptly took out a new contract to get my hands on it - despite the fact my Note 3 was functioning perfectly fine and in immaculate condition having not long been replaced as part on an insurance claim.

Had previously bought a couple of the budget Huawei handsets as gifts and had no issues with them, but they were cheap and cheerful at best. The P9 Plus stood out to me, it's been a fantastic handset in the 6 months or so I've owned it so far, and even prompted me to grab the Lite as a birthday gift for my Sister when the time came.

Rumours abound that the P10 launch could be imminent, with MWC 2017 looking likely, and I'm already getting itchy fingers ready to click on that pre-order button, haha. If the leaks can be believed, it looks like one heck of a phone - hopefully keeping the fantastic Leica camera set up, an even more impressive screen and of course the marmite UI, which has actually really grown on me to the point that I find vanilla Android a little odd to use now.

Have to admit I'm a little unsure about the fingerprint sensor potentially moving to the front. I know this is more standard placement, but the centre rear positioning works well with how the current handset sits in the hand, and fingers find it easily.

Anybody else looking forward to the official announcement of the range, and any plans to give one of the handsets a go when then are released? 

http://www.techradar.com/news/huawei-p10-release-date-news-and-rumors

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Wanna get yourself a proper phone like an s7 edge!

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, the whole Huawei range is fantastic and very underrated.

They usually come with a near stock version of Android too so you get none of the laggy, space consuming rubbish preloaded on most.....Samsung is the worst for this!!

Fantastic handsets at excellent prices

Message 3 of 24

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@AnonymousI'd never really taken them seriously before - as I mentioned had bought a couple of the cheapy ones as gifts (think sub £50 pricepoint) which were perfectly servicable for what they were, but nothing special - a modern day Alcatel perhaps.

Past couple of phones had been the Note and prior to that the Z Ultra, so I'd grown to like a slightly more premium phone, although I've never been afraid of trying something different - and prior to the Z I had an Archos 55 which was so far off the beaten track, lol.

The P9 plus has been a stunning phone though, and if it wasn't for an iminent P10 release I'd have no real plans to upgrade it any time soon. The camera puts both my compact and CSC to shame a lot of the time, and it looks and feels the part too. It's also pretty resilient, protected by nothing more than a clear silicone case it has bounced across many a car park without injury (touch wood!).

Couldn't agree more about the bloatware - a nice clean install is what any phone needs. I know a lot prefer the conventional app-drawer approach, but I quite like the clean interface of the stock Huawei UI. And being Android it's easily customisable anyway. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently sporting a Samsung Galaxy S6 but had numerous other Samsung phones including the Note 4.

I get to play with phones all day at work and highly recommend Huawei handsets.

Message 5 of 24

GAT
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous wrote:

I agree, the whole Huawei range is fantastic and very underrated.

They usually come with a near stock version of Android too so you get none of the laggy, space consuming rubbish preloaded on most.....Samsung is the worst for this!!

Fantastic handsets at excellent prices

Well, I've not read such onesided nonsense in a while (found this thread when I Googled 'P10 O2').

First off, let me say I'm a Huawei fan too, having only owned Huawei smart phones. Yes, that's right, Huawei only - although I've had a little play with other brand phones through friends.

The truth is their budget phones are just ok/average to begin with, & soon go downhill after a few months. Their midrange ones are better, but again don't work as well some months down the line, with lags, etc. Their premium phones are very good indeed, but always miss the boat in some way or the other - the gap with the big boys / other flagships is always closing though, & so are their high prices (unfortunate, but a must I suppose).

Their software is definitely not pure Android or even close - they use a heavily-skinned EMUI interface, which is berated by almost every independent review & most users who are used to a truly pure Android experience. I don't mind it to be honest, & use its folder system to good effect. I've tried a few third-party launchers, which can hide most of EMUI, but have always returned to the latter eventually as it's more stable.

I agree, they are mostly very good value compared to most other phones of comparable spec, etc.

----------------

Will I buy another Huawei? Most definitely, yes! But, I'll be sticking with their premium ones only.

@Wa10, checkout the already released Mate 9, which looks a whopper & very close if not better than the P10 in some ways, plus it's also possibly cheaper than the P10. The P10 Plus is better though (but then again, at what price?) - spec differences HERE.

Message 6 of 24

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Agreed, the EMUI isn't stock, but I've actually grown to like it more than stock Android. Just a case of what you get used to I guess, but it works for me. slight_smile To the point that when I use other interfaces now, they don't seem to flow in the same way.

Know exactly what you mean @GAT about the budget models, cheap and cheerful but certainly not very durable/long lasting. They were bought as gifts for less technical relatives, and did the job without breaking the bank, which is what I was after at the time. 

@Chris_K have you any idea whether O2 will be carrying the P10 range? I'm assuming not the Mate sadly, however it's the P10 Plus I'd be particularly interested in! 

Bit gutted they've not included wireless charging nor waterproofing, but the rest of the specs are what I'm after and would be a worthy upgrade from the P9 Plus. slight_smile 

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
On O2 will be available in the blue colour ?
Message 8 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chris_K will know?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone ?
Message 10 of 24