cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hounded at Renewal Time - Questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

So how does it work?

How do so many people (other than O2) seem to know when my contract is up for renewal?

Why is it that in the last week I've had over 10 calls from 'helpful' souls wanting to guide me through renewing a con tract?

How do I turn of this relentless onslaught of harrassment?

New network?

So how do they know?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like BoB I tend to say no thank you to all cold callers BUT if they carry on then I put the phone on the side whilst they are still talking and get on with whatever I was doing.

Last time I did this I picked the phone back up 15 minutes later and they were still talking lol 😀
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is bad enough being hounded by O2. I have turned of ALL contact options on the 2020 phone in number and I still get spam marketing texts from O2 and calls about renewal of my contract. I am sick of patiently explaining to the O2 drone that I will not be renewing my contract because of O2's spam harrassment and invasion of privacy. When will O2 get the message? A phone is a private thing and invading someones privacy by bombarding them with marketing pleas is not just distressing but interferes with life. Not renewing my contract is the only option I have left to send them a message. I encorage you all to do the same.

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can turn some of this in myo2 or write to O2 to ask them to stop trusted partners contacting you as per all the great advice given in the previous posts.
Message 13 of 13