cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever went to Ofcom? Did it do any good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before about my rubbish data speeds and non existant signal at home.  I have lodged 2 complaints to O2 and get the 

"We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days.

You can find details of our Complaints Procedure on our website www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Please take time to read this as it explains how we will deal with your complaint."

Auto responder email but then never reply and just ignore.  I took it to the CEO, they responded quickly but unfortunately for me on the day they did the engineers were carrying out work on my mast and it was all put down to that, I explained this is an on going thing but they would not listen, once the work was finished my problems were not fixed and they have just ignored me since.

So I am at the end of my tether with them. 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Cleoriff
  • 123272 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

That's something at least @Anonymous Best of luck....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every day brings something new.  So the call was pulled and listened to today by a supervisor.  "Oh I am sorry that manager has given you the incorrect information"  Thats the type of company this is.  Basically I was fed a load of bull to get me off the line as the manager was going home.

Message 32 of 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It's difficult to know what to say to that....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 68

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what to say myself about all this.  I mean how can 1 manager say something and then be over ruled by another manager?  The entire situation in general really is a complete shambles, basically yes we can see you have no coverage which they denied for a long time but they now agree with me but basically tough carp.  But last nights run in really took the biscuit, "Can I just put you on hold to get the unlatch code" and then send me through to someone else leaving no notes or nothing regarding the call.

We have a complaints department who simply does not respond, we have a CEO who also does not respond.

So if I look at this they have admitted I have no coverage and they can't do anything to fix this, we have a recording which they admit exists and confirms that I was told I could leave my contract, we not have another manager over ruling this.  Surly this all sits well with an ombudsman case if they ever decided to respond to me which at the moment is a week later.

Message 35 of 68

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
All you can do is put it all in writing to the Ombudsman and wait for them to review your case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 68

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It beggars belief tht you can be told the wrong information by a manager and what is the qualifying criteria to be a manager these days? Not much by the sounds of it!

While you are waiting for the Ombudsman I would definitely keep emailing the CEO until you get a response. Sometimes you have to persevere and make a nuisance of yourself until someone actually cares enough to deal with your issue in the right way.

Message 37 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this is interesting,  You know I said I had emailed the CEO several times and also lodged several complaints and never received a reply? We they are all their on my account.

I phoned today to try and see if I could do anything else, the advisor ran over all the notes on my account reading them out to me, this included all my complaints and emails to the CEO that got ignored.

Why would they do this? They won't budge on their decission I might add so waiting for the Ombudsman.  

Message 38 of 68

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's the first report we've had where a customer has received no response from the office of the CEO.

Message 39 of 68

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You can do no more now.....

Currently using:
Message 40 of 68