cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever went to Ofcom? Did it do any good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before about my rubbish data speeds and non existant signal at home.  I have lodged 2 complaints to O2 and get the 

"We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days.

You can find details of our Complaints Procedure on our website www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Please take time to read this as it explains how we will deal with your complaint."

Auto responder email but then never reply and just ignore.  I took it to the CEO, they responded quickly but unfortunately for me on the day they did the engineers were carrying out work on my mast and it was all put down to that, I explained this is an on going thing but they would not listen, once the work was finished my problems were not fixed and they have just ignored me since.

So I am at the end of my tether with them. 

Message 1 of 68
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all well now this saga has officially came to an end, executive relations got involved with the biggest load of rubbish yet.  The manager phone calls, you know the one that offered to let me out of the contract? well apparantely this call wasn't recorded, yes they stopped recording just before I was passed to the manager so couldn't get any details,  the same was said about the person who offered me £5 off per month, this call wasn't recorded either.

But long story short she is letting me have £5 off per month and this has been put through and I have email confirmation.

So thats it done.  Thank you everyone for your help in this long post, I bet your sick of hearing from me now slight_smile

I’m really sorry that you haven’t received the level of customer service we expect for our customers, as you've received failed calls, promises and that advisors and management haven’t left full and clear notes on your account, which has resulted in us trying to listen to these calls to determine what you were advised. This will be addressed internally to make sure this level of service isn’t repeated.

Message 61 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Watchdog went to OFCOM to complain on behalf of customers in general with poor signal and got no where so I doubt a lone voice would do any better....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what do I do next? I have another year left on my contract.

Message 3 of 68

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe if you can get more people in the area to complain you will get somewhere but as @MI5 says, alone you will get nowhere.

Message 4 of 68

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would just continue to complain and always copy the CEO's office on all correspondence.
Eventually they will prob let you leave but will ask for phone to be returned, if you are on refresh, you may be better off just buying the phone and leaving yourself to get a sim only deal on another network, but unlock your o2 phone first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 68

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Also, if your phone is unlocked, you should get Pay & Go sims from the other networks and see which one gives you the best signal in your area. You may find that none of them are any better than what you already have, but you should test each one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 68

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

St option is to pay off the handset and walk away. Go with a network that gives you good coverage everywhere. Do you have a smartphone or an expensive mp3 player?

Message 7 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right an update with this. This was raised to techincal support who did a full investigation and have found I live in an area with no coverage even though the signal checker says I should have full.

They passed me back to customer service to discuss my contract and customer service did damn all. Use Tugo is the only option, I explained Tugos is next to useless on Windows phone as the reviews confirm, didn't matter a damn.

Any other ideas?

Message 8 of 68

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the end result for you is a wish to leave your contract keep pressing them.
Are you on refresh?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am on refresh, The technical staff said I have no signal and sent me to customer services to discuss my contract but customer services were not interested.

Message 10 of 68