cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever went to Ofcom? Did it do any good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before about my rubbish data speeds and non existant signal at home.  I have lodged 2 complaints to O2 and get the 

"We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days.

You can find details of our Complaints Procedure on our website www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Please take time to read this as it explains how we will deal with your complaint."

Auto responder email but then never reply and just ignore.  I took it to the CEO, they responded quickly but unfortunately for me on the day they did the engineers were carrying out work on my mast and it was all put down to that, I explained this is an on going thing but they would not listen, once the work was finished my problems were not fixed and they have just ignored me since.

So I am at the end of my tether with them. 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You see, with refresh, you are better off buying the phone, then you can walk away from the airtime for free.
At least then you have a phone to go sim only elsewhere or to sell.
If you push o2 they will most likely let you leave completely for free, but you would have to return the phone for which you have made a number of payments towards.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right an update on this, the network team contacted me today, they finished all there tests and said they are surprised I even got signal to begin with, passed me back to customer service who said best we can do is charge £190 for the price of the phone.  I said I would send the phone back as I don't have £190 on the mouth of Christmas, no don't want the phone back. Is this fair or not?

Message 12 of 68

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
What phone do you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Galaxy S5

Message 14 of 68

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It's only worth £120 to recycle.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

So not a good deal then? Do I ask for a letter of deadlock at this stage then?

Message 16 of 68

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
No its not a good deal really at all.
If your happy to do so, I would offer them the phone back as full payment for your contractual obligations and if they refuse then ask for a deadlock letter.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I spoke to live chat, the guy said I need to take it to the O2 shop I bought it from they will take it back no problem but I think i've been palmed off and I'll go into the O2 shop and be told where to go.

Message 18 of 68

MI5
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
The shop will just call cs to confirm that's what you've been told. If they made notes on your account you will be OK.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 68

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

OK I spoke to live chat, the guy said I need to take it to the O2 shop I bought it from they will take it back no problem but I think i've been palmed off and I'll go into the O2 shop and be told where to go.

I wish you good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.

Message 20 of 68