cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever went to Ofcom? Did it do any good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before about my rubbish data speeds and non existant signal at home.  I have lodged 2 complaints to O2 and get the 

"We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days.

You can find details of our Complaints Procedure on our website www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Please take time to read this as it explains how we will deal with your complaint."

Auto responder email but then never reply and just ignore.  I took it to the CEO, they responded quickly but unfortunately for me on the day they did the engineers were carrying out work on my mast and it was all put down to that, I explained this is an on going thing but they would not listen, once the work was finished my problems were not fixed and they have just ignored me since.

So I am at the end of my tether with them. 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I went to the shop and as predicted they did damn all.  I explained what I was told etc, they didn't even check my account, they just said no we don't do that.  She went and got the manager who said I need to contact O2 again as they don't take phones back.  And so that it that, given the middle finger again.

Message 21 of 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Thought as much, unfortunately.
Even if they had took the phone back they couldn't have cancelled your contract....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so a sensible idea was suggested to me today but of course O2 wont go for it. I continue to pay the handset off, they cancel the airtime agreement as they said they would and issue me a PAC, No have to pay the handset off in full.

The issue I have is I can not get to speak to anyone senior who might do something, complaints are ignored as are CEO emails, 

Message 23 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this has been suggested to me elsewhere. Would it work?

PAC out and take o2 to the ombudsman after the 8 week contact rule passes to have the final bill squashed, they admitted liability twice and failed thus far through complaints or review to address the issue without wanting more money from you, giving up the handset as you offered is giving up the money you paid for it every month, I cant see a ombudsman frowning at you for offering to return a handset you have part paid for.

Also o2 Refresh is when customers want to leave or upgrade, not when o2 cannot provide the obligation of service as per your T&C.

Message 24 of 68

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Just get the letter of deadlock and go to ombudsman for a decision.
If you PAC out you will get your final bill generated which will become a debt that you'll have to deal with anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok an update. This is a good story.  I spent over an hour on the phone to O2, We have some progress in that it is now loud and clear on my notes that I have no coverage and nothing can be done to fix this so the network team put me through to customer services to discuss the contract, they wanted the remainder of the phone paid, I said I have no issue with this but can not pay it all in one go, I can pay of monthly as I have been doing, we got no where so I asked to speak to the manager,  The manager was very helpful and said "Right this has been on going for some time, you always pay on time etc etc" the best I can do is let you out of the contract fee free and get the phone unlatched" great I thought.  He put me on hold for a moment to get me my unlatch code, the music changed and I knew I had been shafted, back to the network team I went and I explained, back to customer services I went again and I explained about getting out without fees and getting cut off, he words where "I can't comment on my colleagues motives but that does sound very suspicious" He was also cute enough not to leave any notes.  Dirty dirty company!!!!   So now she said she is going to have to listen to the recording of the conversation and phone me back, I bet she wont.

Message 26 of 68

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Painful......

Currently using:
Message 27 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Painful, Dirty dirty dogs is all I can say.

Message 28 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

And sickening practice.....The joy of hiding behind a system that can't or won't allow you to track and trace anything communication wise

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone call is recorded so I should have some come back hopefully.

Message 30 of 68