Did you mean: 

Guide mentions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We recently introduced the Product Mentions feature to the O2 Community allowing you to tag or mention products and link out to the shop page for that product. We've started with the recent launch of the Galaxy S10 range and are hoping to widen the use towards other devices in the future.

As this feature is so handy, we thought it would be really useful to add our community guides to the mentions so you can link to them without having to search around for a hyperlink!

The original plan was to prefix each guide with "Guide:" then the title of the guide. However, while setting this up, we discovered a bug with the feature which will prevent us from having many mentions that start with the same word. Smiley Sad

While we wait for the bug to be fixed we thought it would still be good to get the mentions up and running, using a keyword for each guide instead. For example, we could use "pac" for the PAC guide and "lost" for the lost and stolen guide.

There are a few things we'd like to ask you about:

1. Would you use guide mentions this way?
  2. Would you have any difficulties remembering the keywords, or can you think of any other issues that might arise?
  3. Do you have any suggestions for keywords for the guides you use the most?

This feature will mainly be used by you, so we're really interested in hearing your thoughts, suggestions and ideas! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Martin-O2 with the problem I'm having with accessing my clipboard where I keep the hyperlinks for the guides I use the most this will be very helpful to me.

I think your idea for keywords for the guides a good one, ie pac, lost etc. You could use scam for the guide that deals with scams and the additional scam one set up by a member 'suck', voicemail, backup for how to back up your phone and so on. The most difficult will be travel as I think there's more than one. Anyway a one word keyword should be easy to remember, even for me.

That's my thoughts anyway and I will certainly use them as it will be very helpful to me with my clipboard inaccessible. So thank you.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
#scam
#cancel
#lost
#voicemail
#contact
etc......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sounds like a great plan, but would need the guides and the "short-code" publishing somewhere so that we can get the right guide for the right problem.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback on this one @Glory1 , @MI5 , @gmarkj. This definitely has a lot of potential for making the guides easier to link to and speed things up. smiling 

Love the key word suggestions so far. I'll definitely put together a full list somewhere so you can reference that until you've learned them all. 

We'll get started with this soon and will let you know when it's live! 

In the mean time any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome. cool

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We already have a list of community guides here @Martin-O2 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Index-of-Community-Guides/m-p/638349#U6383...

I think a product/guide mention 'could' be added to that?

It's the first thing I open when I log on... so wouldn't like to see this consigned to Room 101wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this instead of the Knowledge Base?
Message 7 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff , @Anonymous  this wouldn't replace any of the existing content and guides. It's more of a shortcut to having to find the guide you need, copy and paste the link. We would keep the knowledge base and guide index exactly how they are. 

signature

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this instead of the Knowledge Base?

No it's just a way of quickly posting help.

eg, type "#scam" and a link to the premium rate scam thread would be posted automatically.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 14