Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 4G coverage

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I just wanted to give some positive feedback on the Improvements of the 4G network from o2. 

Couple of weeks a go I was on a coach trip to the EU.  But this is more to say hoe much O2 4G footprint has improved while traveling in U.K.

From South Yorkshire all the way to Dover I was able to stream an watch online TV  to where it glitches out on 5 occasions only.

on the return It glitches out on 3 occasions only.  

1 of the glitches both way was round the M25 Dartford crossing,  sheer volume of people and the Dartford Tunnel it self.

2 was going into Leicester where it must have picked up a old 3G mast and then it wouldn't let go back to 4G

3 was in and out of Mansfield,  still not the best there yet. But has improved.

the other odd occasions were on M1 going towards M25,  just the odd area where Masts havnt been upgraded or just very poor coverage.

but on the whole I've seen a massive improvement of the 4G coverage.

see if it's improved when I go again next year on coach.

ive seen coverage come on in leaps and bounds as well where I live,  there are still some black spots where there is limited to no coverage, so just have to wait for them areas if they will improve, but overall it's a huge improvement and now very rare I see o2 gprs or edge or even 3G to come to it.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2

@I don't live there, but it's always nice to know if there are any improvements.

i was in Birmingham other week round Bull ring and Birmingham new street station.  

Great 4G signal, just didn't work at all,  other networks did work but they did struggle, Vodafone was the best but that also had issues but it was more constant.

O2 3G did work ish, but very slow,  soon as I left the station and bull ring, o2 phone worked ok for data.

its so busy there it's unreal, but you can see it was that congested it couldn't cope.  Possible a area for you to check on.

Derby Train station too,  very limited coverage at all on O2 all together.  It's a busy place but no mast near by which is strange for a major train station. Against something to check on for us.

thanks

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 11 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @darrengf I've asked if there are any schedules or info about improvements I can share so I'll let you know once I hear back. 

I get a similar thing at Euston Station. My phone shows 4G but the connection itself struggles to load pages etc. I think you're right, it's down to the massive volumes of people using the networks in such a small space. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 12