cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting through to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 service level has sunk to a new low level. I tried phoning and was kept on hold for 30 minutes and gave up and tried online chat and still couldn't get through to anyone. I want to upgrade my phone and need to discuss this with someone. I'm going to go to Carphone Warehouse and switch to anothert network.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please dont try live chat for this anyway.

We have heard it can take 1-2 hours on occasion to get through on 202

Perhaps try a local o2 store to upgrade and that way you then walk out with the phone.

Tip :CPW cannot offer the Refresh Tariff on 02.

If you do switch then ensure your new network gives good signal by using payg sim cards and ask 02 for a PAC Code to retain your mobile number.

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146924 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Always go in store to upgrade....
Not only will you avoid the horrendous call waiting times but you will also avoid the trauma of O2's online order and delivery systems..... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I'd not upgraded with them, New Nokia "windows phone" is a right pain! Being charged for messages i shouldn't be charged for, plus other issues with functionallity. Tried chat, five times, get through then after a couple of minutes their system throws me out, had my personal guru appointment cancelled too. Service is total **bleep**e

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 146924 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Wish I'd not upgraded with them, New Nokia "windows phone" is a right pain! Being charged for messages i shouldn't be charged for, plus other issues with functionallity. Tried chat, five times, get through then after a couple of minutes their system throws me out, had my personal guru appointment cancelled too. Service is total **bleep**e

If you would like to start a new thread with your issues we will try and help......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23520 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

If you're unhappy with the phone, you have 14 days after purchase to change your mind.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy

Edit: Sorry. Wasn't paying attention. Thought @Anonymous was the OP.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Strange but as said, start a new thread and we can advise on your issues. Sounds like the old mm problem...

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The O2 service level has sunk to a new low level. I tried phoning and was kept on hold for 30 minutes and gave up and tried online chat and still couldn't get through to anyone. I want to upgrade my phone and need to discuss this with someone. I'm going to go to Carphone Warehouse and switch to anothert network.

Slightly off tangent, but this is for anyone in the Welwyn Garden City area..........if you want to do all the work yourself whilst trying to give o2 your custom, then visit the Howard Centre branch. Un-helpful, un-friendly and a complete waste of time.  After a visit there today to chase an order, I seriously walked out of there contemplating scrapping the order and opting for another provider. Massively annoyed!!!!

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Fanoire

Not a good shopping experience at all. 😔

I have 3 local O2 HighStreet Shops where I live and I opted to visit another when I had a bad experience in the first one.

Do you perhaps have another you can visit. I understand that does not help with your experience but at least you'd get some resolution or if needed contact O2 Customer Services for help on passing your thoughts on your experience and to help with your order. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 146924 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
It appears to be a not uncommon recurrence these days, sadly.
Message 10 of 11