cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my iPhone and think the Galaxy S range phones are too big.  So why am I sitting here thinking 'I really like the Galaxy S5, I might get one'?!?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go on you ....know you want to. wink
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the note 3 instead and go the whole way wink

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Note is definitely not for me - nice phone but it's bigger than the Galaxy!

Now I have questions for those more intelligent than me - I'm reluctant to get tied into a 24 month contract again.  If I was to sell my iPhone and buy an unlocked S5 would I be able to stay on the same plan as I'm on at the moment with O2 or would I have to change as it was linked to my iPhone?

Also, if I buy an unlocked S5 will it then lock to O2 in the same way as the iPhone or is that something exclusive to Apple?

I've obviously got to do a lot of thinking about this so I'll try not to bore you with too many questions!

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can use your present tariff and just need to change the iphone data to a standard data bolt on.

If you buy a sim unlocked phone it remains unlocked to any network whichever sim you use.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie.

I've looked on the Samsung website and the phone is £579.  I can get £330 for my iPhone from Mazuma (more than CEX are paying at the moment) abd 4.5% cash back on Quidco so a bit of saving to do!

I'm very torn at the moment!

Message 7 of 13

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

With Samsung generally once you cut through the hype it is a good deal, as you get constantly evolving hardware, software and if you can llive with the Touchwiz UI then it's bonanza. The problem I think with iOS between Android is because like Linux there are very few commerical products available for Android.

Then again, it's easier to develop for a fixed platform with consistent hardware and as a lot of Android handsets in the cheaper end of the market tend to use cheap hardware parts. It's like a cheap motherboard using core components and cheaper custom parts.

The Note 3 is a Behometh of a handset although the chipset is one step below it does use 3GB of RAM. To be honest, unless games are you thing it won't really matter to you. It's not exactly a night and day comparison. It would really come down to if you want to use iOS or Android.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest you hold off until some early adopters get this handset and broadcast their true user reviews on it.

Something I always do before buying my phones.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BoB, I won't be doing anything just yet.  I either jump in with both feet or don't get around to doing anything - I've been thinking of leaving O2 for a couple of months due to variable reception, I've done my research and I'm still here as I just can't get around to doing anything and two PACs have expired!  We'll be going away and I'll be spending the week worrying that no one can get hold of me!

Message 10 of 13