Future of o2 e-addresses and about o2 account login

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Questions on my mind for quite a while.

Would be grateful if someone could throw some light on these:

Have Sky Broadband since o2 changed us over. But still use 2 of my old o2 email addresses.....

QUESTION 1 - can I keep those forever? if not, will o2 inform us well in advance of them being discontinued?

I have the o2 e-addresses set up in Windows Live client (ex Outlook Express), but still login to my o2 account at the o2 website partly because of o2 mobile phone.

My o2 account login/username is my old main o2 email address.

QUESTION 2 - can that continue as my o2 account login username or will this have to be changed to my sky email address at some stage? and If so - when? and how?

I tried the "live chat" route with these queries a while back, but they did not seem to understand, and just kept telling me to contact Sky - which was no help whatsoever. Really hoping my concerns make sense to someone in this community who understands it all and can answer my queries.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7431 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@MI5 I migrated to sky but lost my o2 e-mail account not that I used it cos had others but now I'm no longer with sky
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
That's because you left Sky so that is another factor to consider.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its a pity that neither O2 nor Sky have ever published any clear information about it all, since what was originally suggested in 2013. I had in fact understood way back then that we could keep the o2 email addresses though size of storage would be reduced.

Message 13 of 23

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Cas1951 wrote:

I had in fact understood way back then that we could keep the o2 email addresses though size of storage would be reduced.

That is what we were told would happen if you migrated to Sky, but I agree, it isn't very clear now for anyone looking for info and it seems no one at sky know either. O2 have just washed their hands on it.

There was an announcement on the Sky website so I'll have a look and see if I can find it still....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Found this on Sky forum:

If you joined Sky from O2 on or before 21 November, you can keep using your existing O2 mailbox for the time being (as well as your new Sky email) but as you have moved to Sky, your O2 inbox storage will be limited to 20MB. If your O2 inbox exceeds this, you will need to remove some emails and stay under this limit to continue to send and receive emails. Transferring contacts and redirecting emails to your other accounts takes no time at all. By following some simple steps Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail can be set up to automatically import all of your emails and contacts from your O2 email account and forward any new emails sent to your O2 email account too.

If you are joining Sky from O2 on or after 22 November - great news, you are still able to use your O2 email address with a inbox storage size of 1GB (the same as what you had when with O2). When are you active with your Sky services you are also able to set up your own Sky Yahoo! Mail Mailbox with unlimited storage. You'll first need a My Sky account, which you can set up at sky.com/mysky

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/Is-Sky-planning-to-shut-down-o2-email-addresses/td-...

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Found this on Sky forum:

If you joined Sky from O2 on or before 21 November, you can keep using your existing O2 mailbox for the time being ......

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/Is-Sky-planning-to-shut-down-o2-email-addresses/td-...

Not very clear at all. I would definitely be moving to another email client if I was in the same situation as the OP.

Message 16 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

The OP isn't a Sky customer any longer so they don't have much choice in the matter.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Found this on Sky forum:

If you joined Sky from O2 on or before 21 November, you can keep using your existing O2 mailbox for the time being ......

Not very clear at all. I would definitely be moving to another email client if I was in the same situation as the OP.

Best solution as it's not supported by O2 or Sky, despite the fact it still works.

I use mine as a throwaway email only.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 23

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

The OP isn't a Sky customer any longer so they don't have much choice in the matter.

I think the OP still is - It was blissgirl who said they weren't?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Ah, yes. My bad. I stand corrected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 23