Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 952 4874 - Is this O2?

Mark_1980
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I've just had a call from the above number. The advisor claimed to be from O2, and claimed to have some 'exclusive offers and discounts' for me. Sounded like they were calling from the north of England judging by the accent.

Is this a genuine O2 number. @Toby - Do you know?

Thanks

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=0800+952+4874
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

According to this thread it is O2: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Had-a-suspicious-phone-call-from-0800-952-4874/td-p/873563/pa...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably one of their trusted partners. I wouldn't sign up to anything on a cold call, we have had many complaints on here stating these calls lure people to new contracts only to find that they are now unwittingly been sneakily put on a business tariff instead of a consumer one
Message 4 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 5 of 18

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks for all of your replies slight_smile

I read the Twitter conversation, and it does indeed look like it's an O2 number and not one of their trusted partners..

That being said, I'm always a bit suspicious of anyone cold calling me like that - whether it's genuine or not! Perhaps I'll give O2 a call to find out what these 'exclusive' offers are... Probably the same 'exclusive' offers as they give to tens of thousands of other customers.. wink

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Mark_1980 wrote:

Thanks for all of your replies slight_smile

I read the Twitter conversation, and it does indeed look like it's an O2 number and not one of their trusted partners..

That being said, I'm always a bit suspicious of anyone cold calling me like that - whether it's genuine or not! Perhaps I'll give O2 a call to find out what these 'exclusive' offers are... Probably the same 'exclusive' offers as they give to tens of thousands of other customers.. wink

Totally agree @Mark_1980 There are so many cold callers who AREN'T O2 I think they should stop this practice actually. I would never upgrade my phone or tariff from any cold call...So much trouble for many if you find eventually you get tied into a contract that's unsuitable for you..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Mark_1980

It is one of O2's numbers, as mentioned, and they do have exclusive offers not available in store or online, so if you are thinking about getting a new phone or deal it may be worth answering the phone next time wink

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Not me. Number is already on my blocked list. There are enough people ringing, encroaching on my time trying to sell me stuff I neither want nor need......so I won't be allowing another cold caller to add to the list. Grumpy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Anonymous - I answered the phone to them, but the guy sounded less than convincing. I still have 11 months left on my contract, so unless O2 were going to offer to pay it off for me and upgrade me then there isn't really anything they can offer which would interest me anyway..
Message 10 of 18