Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with O2

Rob76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an email 15/01 stating my direct debit will be suspended followed by a duplicate 15/02 stating the same.

After many hours with customer service and the helpful staff at my local O2 store, it appears that the fraud department have put a flag on the account, denying access to any other customer service.

Emailing the fraud dept. brought no response and I gather from reading community replies that this is their normal action.

I have now received an email from billing stating 3 months payment will be taken 18/03. This seems very unfair as I have had no service for almost eight weeks and have been unable to access online banking due to lack of SMS verification.

This account has been running for many years and to my knowledge have not been scammed. I have raised a complaint via Resolver but wanted to rant a bit!

I am appalled by the non communication from the fraud dept., but understand the replies the community gurus have posted.

Needless to say, once this is resolved, I will be seeking another provider.

Regards all.

Rob

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

I personally @Rob76 wouldn't jump into spending money on legal advice at this stage. When O2 respond to your complaint, to be released from your contract without penalty could be one of your bargaining points.  

When you say that you are on a monthly rolling contract, what exactly do you mean ? If it is a PAYG Rolling Plan, you can walk away from it anyway. Does your contract have a specified expiry date or not ?   

Apologies about the Katy Evans' post on "X" - totally forgot that I had posted it as an image on here ! 👍

Message 31 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pay monthly with no specific expiry date. I can cancel with one month's notice.

Legal advice I can get for free.

Message 32 of 53

Oxonian
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rob76 wrote:

Pay monthly with no specific expiry date. I can cancel with one month's notice.

Legal advice I can get for free.

@Rob76 

Good luck. 👍

Message 33 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 34 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Revised email sent to the Executive Resolutions Team.   As I've never received a reply from any other department (other than 'Thank you for your email......etc.'),  a response will be a win!

Message 35 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I cannot access the account, I'm not sure of the specific wording.

Message 36 of 53

Oxonian
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Please keep us updated on developments @Rob76👍 

Message 37 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Or not!  😂

Message 38 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update:

Well, 12 weeks in and I'm no further on.

To sum up, despite numerous calls and emails to customer support, emails to the fraud department, the CEO and the Executive Resolutions Team, no one has had the decency to reply explaining the status of the situation.

Emails sent via Resolver are met with a generic message stating they will reply within seven working days. I'm still waiting......

I've no idea if this problem is being sorted or has been put on the back burner and I understand that ( as advised on this forum) I have to wait until the Fraud department has completed it's investigation.

But, come on, 12 weeks without a reply? 

For anyone thinking I should cancel the contract, that is impossible because as the Fraud department have placed a flag on the account no one but them can access it.

In three weeks time, if there is no change, Resolver will escalate this and involve the Ombudsman but meanwhile I'd like to make a call......!

Message 39 of 53

Oxonian
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rob76 

There is not a lot we can do on this customer to customer community other than sympathise with your plight. We cannot access customer accounts and we cannot speak for O2. 

I will be interested to see how this unfolds once the Ombudsman is involved. 👍 

Message 40 of 53