Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with O2

Rob76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an email 15/01 stating my direct debit will be suspended followed by a duplicate 15/02 stating the same.

After many hours with customer service and the helpful staff at my local O2 store, it appears that the fraud department have put a flag on the account, denying access to any other customer service.

Emailing the fraud dept. brought no response and I gather from reading community replies that this is their normal action.

I have now received an email from billing stating 3 months payment will be taken 18/03. This seems very unfair as I have had no service for almost eight weeks and have been unable to access online banking due to lack of SMS verification.

This account has been running for many years and to my knowledge have not been scammed. I have raised a complaint via Resolver but wanted to rant a bit!

I am appalled by the non communication from the fraud dept., but understand the replies the community gurus have posted.

Needless to say, once this is resolved, I will be seeking another provider.

Regards all.

Rob

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian,

Thank you for the sympathy. I hope this will be sorted before the Ombudsman is involved as I've three more weeks to go, plus a possible eight weeks of waiting for a resolution.

Far too long! 😡

Message 41 of 53

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6053 Posts
  • 104 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rob76 wrote:

@Oxonian,

Thank you for the sympathy. I hope this will be sorted before the Ombudsman is involved as I've three more weeks to go, plus a possible eight weeks of waiting for a resolution.

Far too long! 😡

Agreed @Rob76 ; good luck ! 👍

Message 42 of 53

SBP619
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Rob76  Hi Rob.

I have a very similar situation to yours, however, I have had no network since 29 January 2024!

Unfortunately, a fraud ticket was mistakenly raised on my account - apparently after speaking to three managers at customer services I have impersonation fraud on my account. 

In short, my monthly payments are paid by my Dad, however in January he did not recognise the payment (given that it was lumped into one for my phone and watch) so became concerned, cancelling it and reporting it the fraud team.

Obviously, when he realised his mistake we both contacted o2 customer services numerous occasions, though as you have already stated, there is nothing they can do as my account is frozen and with the fraud team. I was informed on all occasions that they have escalated this with the fraud team and someone from the fraud team should be in contact within 3-5 working days - but nothing ever came of this.

It takes 30 working days to fraud team to investigate, so I waited and nothing.

I then made a complaint on 15 March 2024. So if I hear nothing by 10 April 2024, I will have to go to the Ombudsman. Although I am not sure which one I go to!

With regards to the billing, obviously this was set in my Dad's name (so my account but my Dad's direct debit details), but I changed this on the app to my payment details thereafter and I am now told I owe three months’ worth when I haven't had any service since again, 29 January 2024. It is very much causing me a lot of stress and anxiety. 

I have like you emailed the fraud team and the CEO and the press about this also. I am at a complete loss if they do not respond to my complaint. I am not sure how long the Ombudsman will then take to investigate and respond to me, but I mindful of the monthly payments that will be incurring in the meantime or indeed a debt collection company coming after me!

Two weeks left and I will have to go to the Ombudsman, therefore any guidance on which one I should go to would be very helpful. 

Message 43 of 53

SBP619
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if I hear nothing by 10 May 2024, I will then need to progress to the Ombudsman.

Funnily enough when I tried to set up an account on here with my email address linked to o2, I was unable to, as it said I needed to contact the Fraud Team - apparently open Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm. News to me, I was told that I cannot talk directly with the Fraud Team - they are not customer facing. 

Message 44 of 53

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10239 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3015 Solutions

@SBP619 

The problem will be that a 3rd party has reported you for fraud, and although you say it was done by your dad in error, this could now be with the police or other law enforcement agencies, as it could be that you coerced your dad to admit it was a mistake, and there is a big thing at the moment about economic/financia; abuse

Also due to Fraud and AML regulations what o2 can tell you is next to nothing, and if any agent or person connected to o2 does, they are looking at a fine and jail time. 

I would check your credit file for something called a CIFAS marker, as if one has been applied, you are going to struggle to even get insurance.. 

I am not sure what the ombudsman will do in all fairness, as I said someone reported fraud against them by you.. 

But good luck..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 45 of 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144728 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

You would think someone at O2 would have some level of common sense!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 53

SBP619
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh @Thank you for your response.

the complaint was made my Dad as I understand what you are saying, but honestly would this mean that this will never be resolved?

I am at a loss and very upset about it. I can only wait to see if they respond to my Dad’s complaint.

Message 47 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have given up waiting for a response from anyone from O2, be it the support team, fraud team, CEO or executive response team. 

@SBP619, as I've written above, I'm progressing this complaint through Resolver, and as of 30/4  I presumably will have to collate all my evidence and forward it via them to the Obudsman. They then have 8 weeks to sort it.

Frustrating as it is, I will see it through until it is resolved.  A further problem is envisaged should they bill me for the months I have been without service but I will face that if/when that situation arises as I believe that action would be illegal. 

I will be seeking recompense for the period from 15/1/2024 onwards for the forced withdrawal of service.

As you have found, O2 do not respect their customers but after almost 15 weeks without service it feels like a joke!

I'll update this thread when I have the details regarding the Ombudsman.

Message 48 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Obviously not!

Message 49 of 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144728 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

Sad that once such a great network, envied by all others, has gone to the dogs.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 50 of 53