Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with O2

Rob76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an email 15/01 stating my direct debit will be suspended followed by a duplicate 15/02 stating the same.

After many hours with customer service and the helpful staff at my local O2 store, it appears that the fraud department have put a flag on the account, denying access to any other customer service.

Emailing the fraud dept. brought no response and I gather from reading community replies that this is their normal action.

I have now received an email from billing stating 3 months payment will be taken 18/03. This seems very unfair as I have had no service for almost eight weeks and have been unable to access online banking due to lack of SMS verification.

This account has been running for many years and to my knowledge have not been scammed. I have raised a complaint via Resolver but wanted to rant a bit!

I am appalled by the non communication from the fraud dept., but understand the replies the community gurus have posted.

Needless to say, once this is resolved, I will be seeking another provider.

Regards all.

Rob

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Rob76 

It's Ok as long as you don't post any personally identifiable information.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 53

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 12 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie and @MI5,

I guess the mods might explain as to why my post has been removed twice?   It contained no personal details, just a copy of cry for help from the top and stating the facts surrounding the problems I'm facing.

Message 13 of 53

MI5
  • 144723 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Rob76 

No mods around at the moment.

It's probably been caught by the spam filter awaiting mod approval to post it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5,

Ok thank you.

Message 15 of 53

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

There has been an automated quarantine feature in place for last 3 or 4 weeks, but it needs a mod to release the quarantined message(s)... Chances are they will all appear at the same time when a mod spots them, as happened to me recently, @Rob76 

Message 16 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn 

Thank you.

Message 17 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

There has been an automated quarantine feature in place for last 3 or 4 weeks, but it needs a mod to release the quarantined message(s)... Chances are they will all appear at the same time when a mod spots them, as happened to me recently, @Rob76 

I had no idea about that @pgn 

With @Dave-O2 away, how will this affect the new content posted for the Easter Week activities?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 53

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36238 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

edited for flow 😁

Message 19 of 53

Rob76
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Perhaps you could start a fresh topic as it alters the flow of my thread.

Message 20 of 53