cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 02 Sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thanked for ordering a free 02 sim on 4th December and told it would be with me within five days.

On 7th December I was again emailed telling me my free sim was nearly with me.

On 15th December I was told to activate my new free sim!

Today I have been told the number of my new free sim and what bonuses I will receive once I top up.

Where is my new free 02 sim?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

They normally do come through quickly.

We are all customers here so cannot check your account.

The christmas post may be an issue.

You can pick them up from any O2 shop if you need one urgently.

Or order another.

This is the link I use https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

They normally do come through quickly.

We are all customers here so cannot check your account.

The christmas post may be an issue.

You can pick them up from any O2 shop if you need one urgently.

Or order another.

This is the link I use https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Message 2 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I guess the post is busy at this time of year, you could do to an O2 shop and get one to save waiting.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your assistance.

I find it frustrating that we are not able to ring a freephone number to enquire or the fact that we are not even being able to respond to the emails that are sent.

It is a bit ridiculous that I have to travel over a mile and go into a shop to get answers to my queries or to have to go online and join a community.

Reading other posts about the free sim, it appears that even if you go to a shop the assistants are unable to help!

Why we can not respond to emails from O2 is infuriating. Surely they would like to know that sims they send do not arrive.

I will try to contact them on the link you have so kindly supplied.

Kind regards

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can e mail O2 here if you wish https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

I fully understand your frustration.

We are here as a kind of back up to the official customer service route.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.

I received a parcel from Japan within five days, so a sim from England shouldn't really be that much of a problem really.

If I knew free sims could be obtained from O2 shops I would certainly go and get one although I have not heard this before.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your response.

I received a parcel from Japan within five days, so a sim from England shouldn't really be that much of a problem really.

If I knew free sims could be obtained from O2 shops I would certainly go and get one although I have not heard this before.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Most welcome.

O2 Shops can sometimes ask you to add a top up of £10 whilst in the store.

There is no actual charge for the sim card.

If your wanting to keep your number and need a new sim because the phone your using now needs a different sized sim card for example, then you need to ask for a Blank Sim, and perform the swap my sim, which they can do in store for you.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

With your kind and prompt responses, at least now I have discovered that joining the community is very worthwhile. I am no longer screaming!

I thank you all for taking the time.
Kind regards

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a nice evening.

Welcome

Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149464 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
The post has been hopelessly slow this year at this time. I've been waiting ages for stuff to arrive and still waiting for one present that was ordered on the 5th Dec 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 10