Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud issue - no support, no care, no hope if you’re an O2 customer

Alexb11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wondering if anyone else has had fraudulent accounts opened in their name… and then had the worst experience ever with O2 in trying to sort it out? 
1) totally inept customer support

2) lies and miss information 

3) multiple promises of call backs from senior managers that never happen 

4) promises of the fraud team getting in touch… no chance! 
5) a senior manager sending your security access code to the email of the fraudulent account… giving the fraudsters an access code!!! 

we are totally hostage to O2 right now as this fraud has damaged our credit score and we can’t re-mortgage our home. O2 say they care and understand this, then do  nothing. Totally shameful way to treat any customer, and I’ve over 20 years custom! If anyone has experienced this and has advice please please post as we are struggling big time. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11219 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Guide: What to do in case of loss of service due to possible fraud 

Hi @Alexb11 

This is probably worth reading Alexb11

Sorry to hear your distress. 

We are a customer based community so don't have access to accounts or fraud info etc. on any accounts.

The above guide is available to us to give out.

I expect you have reported it to the police 🙄

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9007 Posts
  • 203 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Whilst I have huge sympathy for your predicament @Alexb11, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

It has been mentioned that other O2 customers have had similar issues. In fact, last Autumn, there were several national newspaper articles and even a programme on TV about fraud against O2. You can find details of those if you search this forum.

I would keep reminding O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 3 of 5

Barb7868
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Alexb11! 

Yes, absolutely! Very similar experience- the O2 has been fobbing me off, lying about everything they do, every single time there's a different staff member having zero information about any of the precious updates. My O2 customer service support (I met in person) has even managed to dial in a scam number when they attempted to call customer service on my behalf. A complete nonsense. The unauthorised contract still appears on my account and I am being asked to pay for the item even though multiple staff members informed me these are to be removed immediately. 

I have written multiple complaints, they have guts to ignore their long term customer. The next step is Ombudsmen. 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9007 Posts
  • 203 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

O2 are not really interested @Barb7868 in customer loyalty so you being a long term customer does not really mean anything to them. 

Guidance on escalating to the Ombudsman is here :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

My understanding, which might be incorrect, is that is you submit multiple complaints, each new complaint is taken by O2 as superseding that previous ones - each new complaint resets the clock to zero. Hence, you might want to consider waiting eight weeks from submssion of your most recent complaint before escalating. 

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 5 of 5