cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First big problem with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mother in law has a holiday cottage on the south coast and my husband and I can use it pretty much whenever we want and in the summer we go quite a lot.  We popped down at the weekend and I was really disappointed not to get 3G and poor reception indoors and outside.  I checked on the coverage checker before I joined O2 so was hoping for better as it said good coverage on 2G and 3G inside and out.

I want to stay with O2 (and obviously won't be going anywhere for quite a while!) so I'm hoping the coverage improves!

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's brilliant Adam, thank you!  I could divert it to my husband's phone and we're sorted!

Glad to help and no need for a payg sim or phone

It will affect your voice mail so turn it off dial 1760 before setting up one of the diverts and once you cancel the divert dial 1750 to turn voice mail back on.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you tried using 2G only, what does the status page say using the full postcode?

http://status.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't try 2G, I'll do that when we go back.  The status page shows no problems so I think I'm going to have to accept the coverage isn't as good as I hoped.  My iPad is on Vodafone and so is my husband's phone so at least I'm contactable!

Message 3 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Isn't the object of a holiday to be able to get away from it all and not be contactable?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Isn't the object of a holiday to be able to get away from it all and not be contactable?

What, no takeaway meals? 🙂

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

What, no takeaway meals? 🙂

Exactly!  I have to be able to contact Dominos somehow!

Seriously, my Mum is 82, partially sighted and not too steady on her feet so I do need to be contactable in emergencies.  I think it would have been on for that though - I'll pay more attention next time.  The place had been shut up since September and was so cold and damp (and has no central heating or hot water) that O2 reception was the least of my worries!

Message 6 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I can understand wanting to stay in contact if you have an elderly relative. It's never an easy situation.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Tracey,

Sorry to hear that, do you get down there often?

have you spoken to customer service in case they have any improvement plans down there?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@toby

Unfortunatly and with much experiance o2 customer services will not divulge that information asked many times on business c/s twitter etc and they cannot say when our area will get 3g etc or when the mast is down again no info on fix time.

Now @toby if you could feed that back and see if a palnned programme could be published it would be very usefull (but could force customers away)

Just check for the village in my signature no 3g but all around us lol

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi Tracey,

Sorry to hear that, do you get down there often?

have you spoken to customer service in case they have any improvement plans down there?

We try and go once a month at least.  I can get round it but I was hoping it would be ok as the coverage checker said it would be good. 

I thought of getting a PAYG SIM for another network but trying to explain that I have 2 numbers wouldn't be easy!

Message 10 of 16