cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email disaster -a warning

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I decided to add email to a new phone. I entered the wrong password. This resulted in multiple incorrect login requests to the btyahoo email site as the phone attempts to update every few minutes. This led to a 'multiple log in attempt' warning message from bt, a denial of service and a request for password change. That worked for a while then it re-appeared, several times. After long a online chat to btyahoo I was assured it could be a temporary glitch but they would monitor the account. It still didn't work but now after 12 hours it does seem to be back to normal. So I would say, either get the password correct or don't bother with phone email.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Yes, agreed, always a good idea to use the correct details wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 126100 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

I have two email accounts on my phone. One is BT Internet and the other is Gmail. I have changed my password twice with BT with no issues whatsoever....

However my change was my decision not because I had entered the wrong password. I suppose they do have to make sure the right person is accessing the email @Anonymous?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good tip @Anonymous and a warm to the welcome to the community!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
In all fairness, phones shouldn't continue to try log in with incorrect info, as this does just compound the issue.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 6