cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between o2 and o2 from Carphone Warehouse?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any difference? Is it all o2, or if I upgrade at Carphone Warehouse will I have to go through them all the time and not o2?

Any disadvantage with upgrading through Carphone WArehouse instead of o2?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Until a few years ago, you didn't actually take out a contract directly with a network. But you were billed through a third party called a Service Provider.
I got an O2 contract at phones4U, which was with provided by Singlepoint who were owned by Vodafone!
Carphone Warehouse were one of there service providers, but stopped signing up new customers a few years ago. So if you go there now, you will be signed up directly with O2. The only difference would be that Carphone Warehouse would be responsible for supporting the handset.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.

So would my bill still come from o2 and I would be able to view online through the o2 website?

If I had a problem with my contract I could call o2 as usual without being redirected to Carphone Warehouse?

So it's basically the same as buying from an o2 store, except if there was a problem with the actual handset I would go to carphone warehouse?
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, you would do everything with O2. They will even try to help with handset usage issues, so you would only have to go to Carphone Warehouse if there was a fault or if O2 didn't have that handset (and so couldn't help with using it).
Message 4 of 4