cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did o2 customer service break my phone?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife and I both have iphones (hers is a 3GS / mine's a 3G) and this morning hers was showing "no signal". Mine was completely fine and I'd been using it without any problems.

She called o2 customer service who told her to turn our phones off and switch the sim cards over to see if that made any difference. It didn't, so she was then told to switch them back. Ever since, my phone now shows either 'Searching' or 'No signal'. Once in a blue moon it connects, but then drops again. We've reset all settings, been on the phone to them for 45 minutes trying to sort it out and nothing.

Any ideas? Could putting her sim card in (if it was damaged) in some way have affected my phone? Pretty unhappy right now...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it couldn't have damaged your phone.
The next thing to check is whether anyone else you now in the immediate area has a problem with their O2 signal.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought that but the guys on the phone (three separate calls, I might add...) insisted there were no network faults in our area. Plus my phone had been working fine until we were told to turn it off and switch sims.

But I still wondered if that might be the case and, lo and behold, we drove a mile down the road and both phones work fine. Glad there's no problem with the phone, but annoyed it took 45 mins on their 5p a minute line to confirm our original suspicion (and the problem only happened on my phone AFTER we changed sims).

Still, case closed!
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
When they say there are no reported faults, they take you through fault finding to make sure its not a handset issue before escalating the fault.
I guess the local issue, is to do with the phone registering on the network, which only happens when you turn the phone on (or come out of flight mode). So only people who turn their phone on would notice. It could be you were the first to call!
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, think that's probably it. And I did wonder if turning mine off had broken the connection and created my problem...guess it might have.

Still having problems where we are so will call tomorrow and explain that this isn't an issue five mins up the road, so must be network related! Cheers prking.
Message 5 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
is it on both 3g network and 2g or just on 3g try turning 3g off and see if it gets a signal that would point to a 3g only issue and at least your phones would work.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 6