cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance SMS message

Anonymous
Not applicable

For about the last six months my data allowance SMS message received about 10 past midnight on the day of the reset has come through reading "You've used up all your UK data allowance...." etc

Now firstly, I haven't.  Even if this was in relation to the last month, I haven't.  My bills show I'm not using excess.  My phone usage records show I'm not using excess.  I'm just getting this SMS on day 1, when I think I should be receiving one saying something like "your data allowance has been reset".  I'm not getting the 80% messages either (though i shouldn't as I'm not using 80%).

Is it just me?  I can't imagine it is...

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149891 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28552 Solutions
We've not heard anyone else mention this.
Give CS a call on 202 and ask them to check your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 149891 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28552 Solutions
We've not heard anyone else mention this.
Give CS a call on 202 and ask them to check your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also see if you can work out what is using the data allowance or turn off mobile data
Message 3 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12675 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Also see if you can work out what is using the data allowance or turn off mobile data

That's the point - the OP isn't using the data, the allowance is being reset.

What is happening is the system is sending a message as if the allowance has all been used, but what is actually happening is that the allowance is being reset to zero (0) as a new month has started.

The OP has checked My o2 and is not even using 80% of their allowance...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149891 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28552 Solutions
Hence the reason for my answer.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj I asked as maybe it could be a rogue app or software causing the issue 

Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12675 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions
Ah, gotcha. No worries.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7