cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T buy insurance!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 insurance. Buy a phone, I'm paying £70 a month including the most expensive insurance. £12.50 a month. I was told when I bought the phone it covers anything at all and a new phone within 48 hours. Sunday I had my phone taken, Insurance office only works until One o/clock. OK, so I call Monday morning and I'm Emailed a claim form. I sent it first class, It is signed for at 10.30 AM but put on the system at 1.30 OK fair enough. I call Tuesday and I'm told it takes 48 hours. I call Wednesday, again it takes 48 hours. I call today after 1.30 so well over the 48 hours and I'm told, we are still looking at the claim. Its simple I gave a police crime number. O2 now tell me that despite the salesmen in shops, the advertising it is not actually 48 hours. They tell me I will be contacted before 6.PM today. I was also told that I'm covered for any accessories, they fail to mention this MUST be bought from a o2 store and you need the original receipt.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Cheapest excess charge too btw.
Most others are 100 plus.
I think you really should have read the terms tbh, but likewise I don't think key information was given at time of purchase.
Message 11 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Shouldn't the "key facts" of any insurance policy be stated and provided in an easy to read format?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 126026 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You always pay an excess for any insurance be it car, home insurance or whatever, you will see it if you look at the policy

I posted pretty much the same as this....and when I went to post it my connection timed out..BT internet having a hissy fit. .....Re... excess this is when it pays to shop around...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 33

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Most people read a policy before agreeing to it or at least afterwards. Some just agree in the haste to get things done and out of the store. OK the store assistant was less than forthcoming but wouldn't anyone check the policy if a claim is needed to make sure they understand the requirements needed?

Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a quote from Protect your bubble £8.50 a month cover is the same. £50 access

Save myself £48.00 a year. Perfect.

Goodbye O2, in a few months I can change phone too. This poor service was too much for me. The worst part is needing to wait 5 days for replacement, O2 using the wrong Email addreess I TOLD them not to use.

The sales staff need to trained and not to lie about offers.

Message 15 of 33

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Message 16 of 33

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 126026 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4pr5c13RdzMm3ngNWwnkPML/mobile-insurance

Moral is.
They are all the same

That article seems quite scathing about Protect Your Bubble @viridis

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 33

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
From personal experience, so am I.
But then there's people who swear by them.
Message 19 of 33

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Yes you save money but please read the policy. Any insurance is only as good as the claims procedures and making sure you stick to the rigid terms and conditions. Insurances companies do their utmost to reject claims and look for any reason possible.

Message 20 of 33