Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed...

talbot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay monthly contract for a mobile phone and tablet. All was going well until a few weeks ago when I received a bill for over £230. I contacted O2 and was told that the excessive bill was due to a system error and that it would be corrected right away - and that there would be no interruption to my service. I had to cancel my bank payment for my bill as they went on and took the whole amount.

Last week I contacted O2 again as the information regarding the bill within My O2 remained the same and my phone became disconnected. After a 40+ minute conversation explaining my predicament, and after being pressed to pay the whole amount, I was finally put through to someone in Payments who was going to review the bill and find out what was going on. Whilst on hold, the call was disconnected. I rang back and after some time talking through everything again, I was able to get the additional amount (which turned out to be a disconnection fee - an error) removed from the bill, so that I could pay the amount I actually owed (around £70) and have my devices reconnected. I was assured my service would resume within 24 - 48 hours.

That was 4+ days ago. This morning, my phone remained without service. I spoke to another O2 representative a few minutes ago, who has again apologised for the error and has removed bars from my account. I can now once more make calls and my service appears to have returned to normal. Although I can't help but wonder how long this will last, and when my next communication with O2 Customer Service will be...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
When o2 mess up no one seems to want to take responsibility to sort the issue out. 4 days is ridiculous !
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I wonder, as the op says O2 agreed they took the money due to a system error.. whether @Toby might be able to help here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would be calling customer service and requesting some form of goodwill in the way of credit.

I would also make a complaint : http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @talbot,

Sorry to hear this, feel free to send me a PM and we can look into it quickly for you.

I'm Toby, the community manager. Welcome!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 7

talbot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I've messaged you, Toby.

I'm not after any form of good will and honestly am NOT prepared to spend another... god knows how long on hold with customer services. I just want to be assured that this won't happen again and that when my next bill comes through in a few days, I'm not charged another £200+...

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@talbot wrote:

Thank you. I've messaged you, Toby.

I'm not after any form of good will and honestly am NOT prepared to spend another... god knows how long on hold with customer services. I just want to be assured that this won't happen again and that when my next bill comes through in a few days, I'm not charged another £200+...

I'm afraid no one can actually give you that assurance but it's unlikely to happen though I would be worried too in fairness.

Message 7 of 7