cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit of a moan and a Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had awful bother trying to upgrade two mobiles over the phone after being hung up on time and again and being promised new contracts to sign with nothing coming through, delivery dates for new phones and nothing arriving. Eventually I phoned in and asked if I could go in-store and upgrade, the person I spoke to phoned my local store and checked I could go in within the hour and upgrade which they said I could. I phoned the store myself to see if I could definitely go down and upgrade - they said yes I could. So imagine my frustration when I got in to the local store and was told in fact I couldn't upgrade because the type of contract I was on could only be upgraded over the phone (that was a real breathe and count to ten moment). Now if these phones had been for me, I would have got up and walked out and NEVER have touch O2 again. Luckily for O2, they were for my boss so I had no choice but to set up two entirely new contracts (on my personal bank account as they wouldn't accept my boss's without him being there). All I had to do when I got back to the office was phone in and switch the bank details to my boss's and cancel the two other contracts transferring the numbers to the new accounts. After the usual rigmarole of being on hold for too long, being hung up on and transferred to the wrong person, being told it wasn't possible, I eventually spoke to a chap called Rick Walker (Business Sales & Retentions Advisor, Capita o2 partnership) who couldn’t have been more helpful. He sorted the problems out and made everything so simple and straightforward. Rick Walker deserves a gold star and should probably be given a managerial posistion so that he can show the rest of them how it is done.Thank you!!! We're still waiting for the numbers to be transferred but we were warned that could take a few days. 

I'm still absolutely perplexed that their service for an uprade could be so dire and I truly believe that it shouldn't have been that difficult a task. I won't be recommending O2 to people any time soon and will be encouraging my boss to look in to other options next time but Rick Walker is a gem!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
You got lucky there in the end. Well done wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Took a couple of glasses of wine to get over the stress and frustration but we got there in the end!
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
Sounds good to me. I'll join you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123977 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7500 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Sounds good to me. I'll join you slight_smile

Far too early for you matey....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
Never too early tongue
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Surely the guy in customer service should have known it could only be done over the phone. Begs the question why he couldn't do the upgrade at the time of speaking to you. Glad you got it sorted finally but what a Keystone Cops farce.

Incidentally, I recommend Sang Som over wine any day to relieve the stress. A couple of those and you are oblivious to world problems....:smileywink:

Message 7 of 7