cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Services Shambles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been up since 7am as i was told that i would have to do my upgrade over the phone because i'm taking part in the "Early Upgrade Offer". At 8am i phoned, it went straight into being engaged, after a few tries i got in. (Thats what she said)

SO after waiting 47 mins, the music goes quiet and the woman stops saying "Your call is important to us" and what not.

Tried again, 34 mins, music goes quiet and the woman stops.

Tried again, 48 mins, music goes quiet and the Woman stops.

and now, after being on hold for a whopping 62 minutes the music stops and the woman goes quiet. Now, to rub salt in the wound, from what it looks like, nearly all the handsets in the UK are soon to be sold out, forcing us to wait for them.

Should i stay on hold when the music stops or just disconnect? and has anyone actually had any success with the Customer services?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
exactly the same happened to me.

I hung up, as I'm sure the call has just failed ion their queue system somewhere.

think its pretty poor tbh.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my understanding that upgardes (Early or otherwise) could only be done instore. Over the phone and online upgrades were available at the end of July...?

x
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my understanding that upgardes (Early or otherwise) could only be done instore. Over the phone and online upgrades were available at the end of July...?
x

Uhmm, im not sure except i was told by a man on the o2 customer services that in order for me to do the Early Upgrade i would have to do it over the phone. Then when i recieved an email from them saying that it wouldnt be on sale online or over the phone until the end of july i called up again and a woman stated that i would be able to upgrade over the phone but not purchase the phone.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
accidental double post. Ignore.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
x

Uhmm, im not sure except i was told by a man on the o2 customer services that in order for me to do the Early Upgrade i would have to do it over the phone. Then when i recieved an email from them saying that it wouldnt be on sale online or over the phone until the end of july i called up again and a woman stated that i would be able to upgrade over the phone but not purchase the phone.

I did my early upgrade in store as was stated on the website in the launch info.

Suspect you may have trouble on getting though by phone today
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone, keep on trying. I just managed to order a 32GB Black iPhone 4 over the phone, guaranteed for delivery tomorrow. Took me almost 4 hours overall of waiting on the phone but you do get there!!
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, i got through after going to the billing depatment wink took about an hour to get through from 8.00am onward though, i eventually ordered my iphone 4 over the phone and will be deliverd tommoorow grin
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Everyone, keep on trying. I just managed to order a 32GB Black iPhone 4 over the phone, guaranteed for delivery tomorrow. Took me almost 4 hours overall of waiting on the phone but you do get there!!

If most people are like me, then there's more important things to do on days off work that sit for over 3 hours listening to hold music to get a handset that's going to be easy to get next month wink
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I queued up this morning from 6:20... was in the store with the o2 member of staff at 9:20 with the iPhone in front of me... For some reason the system said I was eligible for upgrade, but then their software kept getting stuck... it was working fine for everyone else... the o2 staff couldn't get through to their support lines as their system had crashed.

I then tried to call o2 from my handset, got through to them, they were speaking to the store staff, no-one could work out what was going on.

Rang o2 upgrades on my phone on 2302. Within 10 minutes I had got through to them, and 5 minutes after that my iphone was ordered for next day delivery... 4 hours wasted queuing! At least it was nice weather.
Message 10 of 15