cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are ridiculous

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've repeated this story to about 50 o2 employees who are passing me backwards and forwards.
I got mugged 2 days ago (Iphone 3gs), and as any normal person would do I reported it to the police and continued to file an insurance claim through o2 (I purchased insurance on the day I bought the phone). On filing an insurance claim I was notified that I DONT have insurance even though it clearly says so on my receipt, but I was told to go to the o2 store and show my receipt and all would be resolved-the o2 store told me the person servicing me on the day was on their last day at work and they didn't add my insurance to the account- but again all would be resolved. I called insurance again and was told to fax the receipt to a specific department in insurance, they told me the issue would be cleared after that. I was connected to the insurance department and continued to file my insurance claim, the insurance company then said they wouldnt cover the theft because the insurance was only just activated and they can't cover the theft as I wasn't insured on the day. I obviously went mental as my insurance clearly states it should be active on the day of purchase.. In the mean time I was being passed backwards and forwards between different o2 employees who had/have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. After several arguements and rants I was given to a manager who was supposed to fix this, he gave me yet another fax number and told me to fax the receipt there and he would call me in a few hours to notify me of what happened, and that either customer services or the insurance company would admit fault and replace my phone.. I called the o2 store that had a copy of my receipt to fax it, and they supposingly did...6 hours and no phone call from the manager later, I went through another epic journey in the chain of command of o2 having to repeat the entire story about 50 times, I have literally spent the entire day either on hold or arguing with someone, and the new conclusion is to fax the receipt to a specific number(one which Ive already faxed the receipt too), and see what happens from there.
I think this is absolutely disgusting on behalf of o2, no one has a clue as to what is going on in their own department, they have taken me out of my own skin.. I was told that even if I fax it tomorrow it won't be until monday until the paperwork goes through, so that would mean it has taken me a week to file an insurance claim for THEIR mistake, and ofcourse I will be expected to pay the insurance in full, and continue paying o2 like the sheep of a customer I am. I am on the verge of taking them to court if I have a case or just never paying them again and demanding my deposit back for the phone.
This is a joke.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to calm down. You aren't going to get anything sorted unless you can think clearly.

My advice is to follow the complaints procedure in your term and conditions. (ie contact the O2 Complaints Review team on the email / postal address in your paperwork).

Make sure you provide all the information they ask for.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If insurance isn't on the account then they wont be paying for it. One could argue that you should see your bills and noticed it isn't on there, after all if you noticed your car insurance wasn't going out you can't assume you're covered.

As for having it added, I am exceptionally surprised they have allowed it to be added, every time I've know this to happen, due to the insurance companies rules, they have refused to add it and said it was down to store to compensate the customer in the event of a claim. Due to this being allowed then I expect it might take some time for everything to get ironed out, and I would expect them to say you need to pay up your premiums you should have been paying from time of connection to now. O2 insurance isn't handled by o2 so it does take some to-ing and fro-ing and this is why they don't know what is going on.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like wanty said this is more a case of me not paying for the insurance as it wasn't added, but I don't see how thats my fault...I've been an o2 customer for 3 years and they never had a problem taking my money-I didn't think I'd have to do someone elses job once I've renewed a contract in order to actually be covered by insurance.
Anyway - a new day begins and a new string of phonecalls, hopefully I'll at least feel I've made one step towards a solution today because it appears yesterday was an entire day wasted.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, unexpected turn of events, it turns out the girl that serviced me in store when I had to show proof of the receipt sorted it all out and I was authorised for a replacement phone through her...Credit to her - she did more than all the managers and assistant managers and insurance claimers I talked too. She saved the day.
I only hope there won't be a mix up by monday when I pick up the phone.
Thanks to all of you for trying to help out though.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just want to say that this story is typical of all my dealings with mobile phone companies.

We love our phones and expect the commercial dealings that take place in and around them to bare this in mind - well, they don't. To customers a phone is everything....but to the people who deal with the admin, the contracts, the store it's just another thing to buy and sell.

I think this is why, when stuff goes wrong in the system there is such a clash and so much added frustration.

The advice to 'calm down' is good, but being angry is kind of unavoidable, especially when dealing with an overly complex, unhelpful and uncaring team of 02 people who are just shuffling paperwork for a job in store or on the phone. The customer experience when things go wrong needs to be helpful and seemless, but instead it is on these occaissions that 02 is at its most unhelpful and frustrating.

I'm really happy for you that it got resolved, but I'm not surprised that it was down to the unique efforts of one person, rather than anything 02 as a company did.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
your not the only one having problems with o2 i would not recomend them to any1 so unhelpful.. i have rang about 100 times,, i upgraded my handset on the 12th october had it a week and the screen stopped working, i sent it back only today have i found out theyve receieved it back ive rang everyday since the 19th of october and today its the 10th November, ive asked if i can collect one from the store but because i upgraded online they said no i had to wait until my phone had been receieved back...
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problems here also.

Paid my monthly bill on Friday morning, Friday night my phone was "barred from outgoing calls and txt msgs", went into O2 shop on Saturday morning and told that its an error (had the txt msg confirming payment on my phone) and would be sorted "by Monday morning most likely". Which was a disgrace already I felt.

Monday came and still no outgoing calls or txt msgs allowed, O2 shop tells me my monthly bill is up on 11th November so should reset itself by then.

___

Now, not taking the p*ss or anything, but if im paying £35 a month for something, I dont expect it to randomly cut me off a week before my month is up after actually paying my bill and then have the cheek to charge me £35 for another month, where I didn't even get a months use out of it due to no mistake of my own.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to phone o2 to remove the bar.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I lost my iPhone 3gs about 7 days ago.
Immediately called and let the O2 know about it.
They sent the claim form and I replied to it.
Since then there has been no contact with them. They haven't replied to the form. I called them everyday but just can't reach them as they are always deemed busy.
What the hell is this?
Is O2 thinking of mugging my insurance claim.
Where do I complain regarding this
Message 10 of 10