cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick thing if your reading 02, your customer loyalty scheme is pretty non existent. I have been with O2 for over 10 years and have received absolutely nothing if return. I have been reasonably happy until recently, the customer service has become very shoddy , no one ever answers the phone, the web chat people do not understand my questions. Yet I can't leave because I'm locked into a contract. I recently lost a phone and received no help whatsoever, I was simply told I could buy a new one. Please have a long hard look at how you treat your long term customers if you want any repeat business from anyone in the future. Also, no email address for complains?! Bit of a joke to be honest.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

£430 to find out that customer service is no different on any network. Smart. LOL

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently lost a phone and received no help whatsoever, I was simply told I could buy a new one.

You're asking rather a lot if you didn't have the phone insured, there's nothing they or any other company could have done.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could have picked up a very decent phone for that amount of cash.

slight_smile
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree. I have wasted three hours trying to talk to 02 regarding my account.
Finally, I did talk to someone.
But, I've now decided to bite the bullet, pay the £430 - just to leave them and move to someone with better customer service.

O2 statistically have the highest customer service satisfaction and least complaints to the regulator ofcom, and have had for a number of years.  But don't let that put you off leaving for another phone network in the hope that they are better for you.

Message 14 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Let's hope the alternative network does give good service , signal and don't raise their prices and answer the phone quickly.

I'd suggest you check other network forums and you may find a similar pattern !!

You forgot "gives out free phones"  wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a quick thing if your reading 02, your customer loyalty scheme is pretty non existent. I have been with O2 for over 10 years and have received absolutely nothing if return. I have been reasonably happy until recently, the customer service has become very shoddy , no one ever answers the phone, the web chat people do not understand my questions. Yet I can't leave because I'm locked into a contract. I recently lost a phone and received no help whatsoever, I was simply told I could buy a new one. Please have a long hard look at how you treat your long term customers if you want any repeat business from anyone in the future. Also, no email address for complains?! Bit of a joke to be honest.

Reading between the lines here, correct me if I'm wrong:

- You have a contract with O2 for a handset

- You decided not to insure the phone

- You lost the phone

- O2 didn't just hand you a free phone out of the goodness of their heart

- You think they should have, just because you've been with them so long

If I'm right, then O2 refused to hand you a new £400-£600 handset because you could have avoided the situation had you insured the phone.  The fact you didn't, was your choice and yours alone.  You took a gamble, and it backfired. 

Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to piggy back on this thread, but the site will not allow me to select a board to post to.

Trying to contact O2 disconnection team, a recorded message has told me "there is a queue of more than an hour to get through to an advisor. Please try again another day" I wonder why. Seriously O2 are becoming a shocking company.

This is on top of a complaint which has not been responded to in the allotted time. In 18 months of complaint only once have I received a response, who asked me to put it all in writing. Again. Guess what........ Nothing.

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to piggy back on this thread, but the site will not allow me to select a board to post to.

Trying to contact O2 disconnection team, a recorded message has told me "there is a queue of more than an hour to get through to an advisor. Please try again another day" I wonder why. Seriously O2 are becoming a shocking company.

This is on top of a complaint which has not been responded to in the allotted time. In 18 months of complaint only once have I received a response, who asked me to put it all in writing. Again. Guess what........ Nothing.

O2's live chat can handle diconnections too, without the wait times.  If you've sent a complaint off 18 months ago and had no response, you should go to Ofcom with it.

Message 18 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I think there is more than 1 complaint been talked about ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny that, I have who, advised me to put things in writing to O2, I did that..... no response. The live chat is offline.
Message 20 of 29