Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file

A-F
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to get a fraudulent transaction for 2 mobile devices and tarrifs that took place on my account in August 2023 taken off my credit file as it is still currently showing that I have failed to make these payments. I have requested this multiple times over the nearly past year and it still has not been resolved I was informed that this would be removed within 30 days of requesting which has not happened and i have been waiting months. I want this removed from my credit file as soon as possible as this is affecting my credit score and currently preventing me from continuing with my mortgage application.

This behaviour from O2 has been absolutely disgusting for a customer who has been loyal for over 15 years and distress that has been placed on me due to fraud on my account to which was reported on the same day. A year later O2 has still failed to rectify this and has the potential to ruin my future plans due to my credit file.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12620 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @A-F 

Unfortunately this is a customer community, so we cannot directly influence o2's actions.

All of the ways to contact o2 are in this guide:

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

The direct details for the team you need (Credit File Referrals) is below:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Have you logged a notice of correction with the various credit agencies?

The final step could be raising a complaint, but we are hearing it is taking up to 8 weeks before these are being reviewed and could mean that the standard customer services are reluctant to do anything...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Lord-Gareth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is not O2 that can do this,

How to get a default removed from your credit file

Despite what you might read elsewhere, there’s only really one way to have a default actually removed from your credit file – and that’s to ask the credit reference agencies to remove it for you.

To do this, you’ll need to contact the three main credit reference agencies and raise something known as a ‘credit report dispute’.

When you do this, the agency will contact the lender who issued the default to check that it should be removed. In the meantime, they will put a ‘Notice of Correction’ on your file. A notice of correction is a small note that’s added to your file that lenders can see. In this case, it will explain that the default is being disputed. Lenders don’t have to take notice of this information, but they may if the defaulted debt looks out of place compared to the rest of your credit record.

If the default shouldn’t be there, they’ll remove it and your credit score should go back up.

However, if the lender insists that they’re right, the credit reference agency will let you know what your options are.

Message 3 of 3