Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could o2 worker stealing card details?

Wanny89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I switched to a sim only deal and they requested my card details including security number.

The lady on the phone sounded south african. It seems too much a coincidence but the day after multiple transactions are attempted on that card I provided details for. 

I phoned o2 fraud and they say it's normal to ask for all your card details and don't even want to look into it. 

I'm posting this as want everyone to beware of o2 workers possibly doing this.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Adding to this, so you can hopefully distance yourself to see how they get you.  My dad (80 odd years) almost got scammed, he had a call from O2 (not really O2) offering him half price on his phone contract, its only £5 (really dad!, you wanted half price on that! 🤣)

They said he would get a text from O2 and to give them the code.  He gave them the code, even though the first message says do not give the code. So it happens when they catch you right.  Fortunately, he listened to me about one thing and did not give out his card number - Phew.....

So moral of the story, if you did not initiate the call, you cannot say it is O2.  Be careful if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. 

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 21 of 21