cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint

Anonymous
Not applicable

My £10 Data Big Bundle has ran out of data a few days before the renewal date. I rang 02 Customer Services in the hope I could start a new one today and the advisor said yes they could do that, and bring the renewal date forward. But then he started pushing me to change to a different contract package which I didn't want. When I said no the phone went quiet as if he was sorting the problem then after a few minutes it cut off. I rang with a problem, I didn't ring because I wanted a sale. My problem was not sorted. 

A code that you could send by text to renew a Big Bundle if you don't want to buy a Bolt on would be good if the data runs out early. I can't see why there isn't one.

😐

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Also, one more question:

When my £10 Data Big Bundle runs out of data before the renewal date (which isn't often, but it happens sometimes) my Android smartphone then takes out £2 for daily Data usage when I switch it on the following day, which is the standard rate for daily web allowance. BUT on my smartphone the data only lasts 1 minute of use, so I have paid £2 for nothing.

Is there a way to stop the automatic deduction of £2 for daily web use when the Big Bundle runs out on my smartphone? It is a waste of £2.

😃

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Anonymous 

The £2 is deducted immediately but any unused amount from that £2 is returned at the end of the day when the system updates.

The actual amount of data use is calculated and refunded if less.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information @MI5.

The daily £2 taken out for Web use is fine on a basic mobile phone with the web, but it's annoying on my smartphone because my smartphone uses a lot more data, so the £2 is taken out for just barely a few minutes of use and then no internet use, until I buy a bolt on. So not likely I will get the £2 back as it's already used up by the smartphone in just a few minutes. 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Yes I can understand that.

Probably best to turn off your data and just use wifi if you can until your bundle renews.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

O.k thank you. Sounds as if you've had the same experience. My Big Bundle has renewed now. Actually I think the Instagram app uses a lot of data even when Data Saver is switched on, so will be looking at that less from now on 😂

Have a nice Xmas @MI5 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You too mate 👍 christmas_tree

Message 8 of 8