Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint for others awareness

HarryWraith
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday I attempted to place an order for an ipad over the phone. I spent an hour and a half doing because the agent first input the details of the old generation model. The credit check was then passed.

I was told I needed to speak to a credit team due to additional security checks required now. They performed their checks and told me all was OK and that I should wait for email that would come in next hour and follow the instructions. My contacts came but the indicated email did not.

I called back credit team who advised me there were two orders in my basket and they needed to cancel one to allow the other to go through. Now there is nothing in my basket, no follow up email, and nothing showing in MY ORDERS.

However, credit team assure me all is OK. They have given me two order numbers, neither of which is showing on my account. Customer services are advising me that I'll have to place the order again and have another credit check. If that is the case it is grossly unfair on me because it would adversely affect my credit. 

Nobody seems to be able to give me an honest answer, but my suspicion is that the member of the credit team I spoke to cancelled both orders and not just the erroneous one.

I have 3 number with O2 and this device would have made a fourth. Social media haven't responded. The complaint isn't progressing. O2 are just awful.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9210 Posts
  • 211 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You mention your complaint @HarryWraith but when did you submit it ? 

O2 are currently taking up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. If they do not revert to you within eight weeks, you are able to escalate to the Ombudsman :-

o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

The social media team take up to 48 hours to reply and you are advised to "ping2 then with a reminder occasionally in the interim. 👍 

Message 2 of 2