Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community - Messages [pm]

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do other members of the Community share my frustration that we have no simple and convenient way of knowing when we have received a message - i.e. a pm?

Am I alone in that not only all pms are sent to the e-mail address?

Do others agree with me that it would be far simpler and more convenient to incorporate an envelope symbol alongside the word "message" indicating how many pms have been received?

If this issue has been raised and discussed in the past, then do members agree with me that it has had to be raised again in the hope that some course of action may be taken for the benefit of everyone?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo before the new forum layout became live you used to see a  number next to pm’s indication of a new messsge but lithium seem to have got rid of it. I have recently brought this up with @Martin-O2 who says it’s high on the list to re implement 

Message 2 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Mi-Amigo 

When the New Community home page went live on the 4th February, this was mentioned on numerous occasions and many of us complained about it.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/New-Community-homepage-is-live/td-p/1196507

As @Anonymous  said, instead of the word messages, we had an envelope picture. If we had a PM it came up with the number of PM's we had waiting.

Now unless you check your emails you have NO idea a PM has been sent (unless you click on messages to check.)

Double the work and more time wasting.

Also people think you are ignoring them if you don't reply. A real pain in the ass. thumbsdown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 32

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous and @Cleoriff for your comments.

I have looked at the range of comments about this and found it welcoming that @Martin-O2 has said that the issue is high priority.

As a point of interest, @Cleoriff pointed out about not knowing whether or not a pm has been received. This afternoon I was sent a pm. I was unaware of this and it was not until later when I checked the messages box that I found it. I hope that the sender does not think that I was ignoring the message.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

As a point of interest, @Cleoriff pointed out about not knowing whether or not a pm has been received. This afternoon I was sent a pm. I was unaware of this and it was not until later when I checked the messages box that I found it. I hope that the sender does not think that I was ignoring the message.

Same here @Mi-Amigo . I have been busy and after this post, I checked my Messages. I had 2 PM's. One was sent at 7.30pm. I have just answered it!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 32

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

If I remember, I check my messages to see if I've received a PM. Otherwise it's an email notification, if one comes throgh. Anf like @Cleoriff I'm not constantly checking my emails, unless I am particularly waiting for one, so often don't see the notification until hours after the PM was sent.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 32

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Mi-Amigo 

It used to have a number near envelope.

Only when changed/updated new page

arrived all seemed to disappear and

I have mentioned it to EmilieT and was

told they are "fixing" it ~ but nothing

yet.  My alert is by email and I seem to

be getting them ok.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 32

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone just to confirm we are going to have a message notification added in the near future. I don't have details on exactly when as it will come with some other updates and fixes but we'll let you know at the earliest opportunity. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good job !! @Martin-O2  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 32