cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of registration details

Anonymous
Not applicable
My issue is that I would simply just want to change the details who the phone is registered to. The phone is registered to myself but to change it to my ex-partners because it is his phone but the phone was registered to myself when we bought it on contract. We have to call a 0345.... number together , other than that, is there anything else I can do?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
You can't change the name on the account until the contract time is complete.
Once complete the old contract must be cancelled and a new contract taken in the new name.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

just call 202 for contract or 4445 for payand go from the mobile. free on contract and some payandgo tariffs, 25p per call otherwise.

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
You can't change the name on the account until the contract time is complete.
Once complete the old contract must be cancelled and a new contract taken in the new name.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the name on the contract have to be the same as in the bank account details?
Yes, the 202 number just wasn't working for me so they gave me a 0345.... number. If my ex-partner isn't willing to do the call with me, are there any other options?
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
It doesn't matter if the name matches the bank details but the named person is responsible for the bills, regardless of who users the account.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If my ex-partner isn't willing to do the call with me, are there any other options?

Makes no difference if he will call or not - you can't change the name mid contract.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
If you believe he might stick you with the bills, you might want to ask him for the phone back. Or... block the handset and get a new sim sent to you. The last thing you want is a large bill being run up and being unable to pay it.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but if his willing to call with me, then we should be able to change bank details. I know that the name on the contract cannot be changed until the contract ends. At Least then his going to be paying for his own contract.
Thanks CURR946 for the other option.
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Yes you can do that so he changes to his bank account.
But, as it's your name on the contract, you are still responsible for the bills. So, if he doesn't pay, they will come after you for the money.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can change bank details in My O2 as long as it's not near the payment date (6 working days before) but as said, your name on the contract so if there is any default it falls down to you.

Message 10 of 12