Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Wombat57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got to say the signal & service is complete pants, spoke to an agent who told me it will cost me to cancel, told her that I'll pay for what I've received which is nothing- o2 have got worse to deal with since I was with them before, absolutely not worth paying for

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94007 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Wombat57 Follow the guide provided above by @jonsie

O2 are ruthless If you cancel and refuse to pay what you owe. A negative mark will be put on your credit file, and the debt will be passed to a collection agency. I imagine that's the same with all the other networks. With your credit in shreds you'll most likely never get a contract with any other network, so you might want to reconsider not paying if you choose to cancel.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Wombat57
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers Bambino but I'm aware of how it works, I'm getting a legal letter drafted as o2 aren't fulfilling their part of our contract which is to supply a service which is fit to use, I'm not just going to stop paying as I'm well aware of the credit ramifications, all I'm asking o2 for is to supply that service or to cancel the agreement (they do the cancelling here). I'll await the new sim card that I'm assured (by a very fed up sounding agent) will fix the issue, refusal to pay isn't an option I want it sorted correctly

Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Wombat57 

Read your contract, and it clearly states they dont guarantee coverage or service uptime, which you read and signed (you did read the terms and conditions?? ) or did you just blindly click agree?? 

Nor do o2 have to provide coverage in your area? Did you do due diligence before joining o2?? such as testing the network?

Are you on a Refresh Plan with a phone?? then why not pay off the device and then you can cancel the Airtime?? 

Sorry, but just pay it off and move on, as o2 are under no obligation to release you from the contract...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 9

Wombat57
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can be an it geek & not understand contract law then

Message 6 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7933 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Oh dear, having been involved with mobile networks for 30 years and seeing how the operate I will just say enjoy the fight 

Anyway, we're just humble customers here so this is the wrong place to air your grievance 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

To be honest like a lot of customers you fail to read the terms and conditions and then cry like a baby when things don't go your way.

Good to see you are a lawyer, or an armchair one... 

Enjoy your fight with o2, and god luck with a new network

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 8 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Wombat57 You will be wasting money on legal fees at this point. Your next step before taking this any further is to lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. We understand from others in the community that the Resolver link within the link above has produced good results for some. I would advise you to go that route before you do anything else.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9