Did you mean: 

Can’t pre-order iPhone 16 for switch up without handing over phone

hollandaise
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

Read on here a few days ago the process for Switch Up to the new iPhone 16 should be straight forward. Visit the store, pay £50 and return on release day or when your phone arrives in store and switch up. 

I visited my local store today only to be told this is not the case. They advised all customers that if you pre-ordered today you need to give them your current handset today. This obviously means having no handset until release day. They checked with another store who confirmed the same. 

I believe this is different to how it worked previously with the iPhone 15 launch. How come? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

hollandaise
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since I started this thread I’ve confirmed the same with two local stores. 

I returned to the original store after being assured what I wanted to do was possible but left empty handed again. The explanation that time was if you pre-order in store, when the handsets arrive they will show as “available stock” to staff.

They will have no way of tracking which handsets were pre-ordered and therefore your pre-order could be sold to a walk-in customer. 

I’ve ended up pre-ordering online not without its own faults. Website error meant I had to start the process again resulting in an another (unnecessary) credit check! 

Message 11 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11495 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@hollandaise 

There is something wrong with this, as this has never been the case before now, so wonder if the stores are hoarding stock

Did you let @Kei-M_O2 know the stores so he can feed back

It does sound as well like you have been round in circles

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 12