cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality dropping randomly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just wondered of anyone here can help. I'm on o2, payg in east london - e7 postcode if that helps. Iv noticed for a few days now that during calls after 5 mins or so they cant hear my voice properly, it becomes rather robot sounding if that makes sense. Even tried calling o2 support re broadband stuff and they couldn't hear me lol. Its like a broken voice box sorta thing. Iv tried going outside to remake the call but it makes no difference. Have lived here for 4 years, always been on o2 network and no probs. I don't think its phone as i have 3 old phones and its same with all of them. If it is relevant im using hd2 retail not o2 branded.

Hope someone can help or advise. I believe there are 2 o2 transmitters at end of my street so it surely cant be a reception issue.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It wont be because your using a retail unbranded handset.

As you say you have removed the possibility of it being the handset because you have tried 3 other fones.

Have you tried another network's sim to see if the voice clarity clears up ?

If so then it can only be the network and maybe if after some time it does not settle then change networks.
Message 2 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It sounds like a cell fault, report it to O2.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds like a cell fault, report it to O2.

Hello, I did report it as you said and to be honest o2 have been very helpful thus far. After explaining its happening with different phones and o2sims, yet is fine just 4 miles away they sent it to network solutions who got an engineer out to see. There was a fault found, but sadly it didnt solve my problems. Got back intouch and after some miscommunication between departments there, they have resent it to another engineer who will hopefully fix it some more (please i pray). o2 support have been very very helpful and appologetic and havent interrogated me as i have heard done elsewhere, infact theyre so sure its not my phone or sim theyve added it as a network problem somewhere on their site. It has been a week - or is it 2?? - with this problem and I cant deny its causing me huge stress not being able to talk to my fiancee abroad properly, BUT, they have been very very helpful.

Just wanted to add this to update people and say a big thanks to the o2 customer support people
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this on 2 or 3g?

Chances are its cell/sector related, but have a read of my thread on this.

viewtopic.php?t=44635&highlight=network+issues

Tony
Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Thanks for posting back, I hope it's sorted out soon for you.

@tonyb1968 have you tried flagging your own post about this, and requesting a sticky?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its in the pipeline wink
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this on 2 or 3g?
Chances are its cell/sector related, but have a read of my thread on this.
viewtopic.php?t=44635&highlight=network+issues
Tony

Hi Tonyb, my main sim is 3g but problem happens even when used in my oldest handset, a 2g only one. Have tried changing network bands etc etc in phones and used different sims including an old o2 sim which is 2g only i believe. I think I tried every combination possible even buying a new o2 branded handset this morning JUST to check. Its been fine here for...8 years and then in a week it goes to pot.

Atleast its being dealt with and taken seriously slight_smile

btw incase its relavent, handsets used are HTC HD2, Nokia 6600 (not slide version), SE T68, SE T68i and todays new handset from argos an o2 branded Nokia 2200. Just call me thorough huh?
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am located in east London E7 to and have the same problem been like this for around two weeks and have friends in this area with the same problem. call 02 and they say they have put it through there systems and someone will call me but no one has..... anyone no how to contact 02 by email?
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am located in east London E7 to and have the same problem been like this for around two weeks and have friends in this area with the same problem. call 02 and they say they have put it through there systems and someone will call me but no one has..... anyone no how to contact 02 by email?

Hey! I read you're having the same problems as me? In same postcode E7, well the more people it's affecting who tell them the more they have to realise its not just one faulty sim or handset right?
As you read from my topic, Iv been having this prob too for about a week, possibly 2 since I didnt think to post this up straight away. O2 are dealing with it, they corrected a fault (or an engineer did) on i think the 30th in response to my report but as you noticed that fault-fix didnt solve the error. I spoke again today and they have assured me they have sent off another report to an engineer/the team that deal with it (customer service escalated it to the network solutions team who have now sent it to the engineers). I should get a call tomorrow or day after, since you are having same probs I will post here as soon as I have any reply or news from them.

If you want to get in touch the best way I can suggest is the way I did.
Call PAYG customer services (landline 5ppm) 0844 809 0222. Then enter your mobile number, then option 4 then option 0. Dont let them read all the options, takes forever!
This will take you straight to their customer service and then just explain the probs, mention ur mates are having same as well, and if you want mention my first post details, ie, its been reported, an enginner fixed a fault but hasn't solved solution.

Thanks for posting here, nice to know Im not going mad or somehow giving off bodily anti-gsm waves :robotsurprised:
Message 10 of 11